Why Won't Password Vault Save My Wells Fargo Passwords

:s Whenever I attempt to download my account activity from Wells Fargo, I have to go to the Account List under tools, deactivate the account, reactivate the account, save the account information to the Password Vault, download the data into Quicken. When I close Quicken and open it up again, the Wells Fargo information is missing. I don't know why Quicken will not maintain this information.

Comments

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

The passwords for Express Web Connect connections, are now saved online, as opposed to within the Password Vault .

Use your Browser to log into Wells Fargo online, to see if there are new Transactions to be downloaded into Quicken, before running One Step Update again. Pending Transactions, are not downloaded into Quicken to avoid duplication of Transactions.

Once New Transactions are posted, run One Step Update to see what happens without having to Deactivate and Reactivate the account again.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• BobBrown
    BobBrown Member ✭✭
    According to Wells Fargo, the accounts must be setup as direct connections, not Web Connections. So the question that I need answered is why the Wells Fargo login and password information is not maintained in the Password Vault, Having to log into my accounts via a browser to check on account activity defeats the purpose of the Password Vault, in my honest opinion.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    There are three connection methods but only the Direct Connect method maintains the user's credentials in the Password Vault.  One way to verify the type of connection method that has been setup for a register, is to open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, and select the Online Services tab.

Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

If you are attempting to use the Express Web Connect connection method, you may want to review these recent issues:

RESOLVED 7/9/21 Wells Fargo Returns CC-601/501 or "ccscrape.101" Error

NEW 7/9/21 Wells Fargo Returns CC-502/102 Error

• BobBrown
    BobBrown Member ✭✭
    My Wells Fargo Accounts are all setup as Direct Connect, which is REQUIRED by the bank. My issue is with the Password Vault which will not store my ID and password for my Wells Fargo account and no one seems to know why this is happening. I do not need another lesson on various methods of connecting with this bank.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    BobBrown said:
    My Wells Fargo Accounts are all setup as Direct Connect, which is REQUIRED by the bank. My issue is with the Password Vault which will not store my ID and password for my Wells Fargo account and no one seems to know why this is happening. I do not need another lesson on various methods of connecting with this bank.
    What is the full name of the financial institution that appears on Online Services tab above the connection method?
  • BobBrown
    BobBrown Member ✭✭
    Wells Fargo Bank
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    BobBrown said:
    Wells Fargo Bank
    Wells Fargo Bank does not require the use of the Direct Connect connection for their banking and credit accounts. 

I suggest you create a temporary test Quicken file and attempt to reproduce the issue.  If the issue does not reproduce in the test file, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows  If the issue does reproduce, I suggest you contact Quicken Support.
This discussion has been closed.