One Step Update Error: Wells Fargo - OL-301A

Hi! For the past couple of days, I have not been able to successfully download transactions from Wells Fargo using One Step Update. I am receiving this error: OL-301-A. Is this a known issue and have you heard when this may be resolved? Are there steps that I need to take to resolve the issue or is this something for Quicken or Wells Fargo to fix? Thanks!
Tagged:

Answers

• stevendcolorado
    stevendcolorado Member
    I've attempted multiple times throughout both yesterday and today and the error code continues for each update.
  • AR53
    AR53 Member ✭✭
    Same with me. I also get the "flashing screen" with the program becoming unstable. This only happens when I try to update with Wells Fargo. My other accounts are fine.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited July 10
    Hello @stevendcolorado & @AR53,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest you try to refresh financial institution branding and profile by following the instructions provided below.
    1. In Quicken, select the Tools menu, then choose Online Center.
    2. Click the Financial Institution dropdown arrow and select the financial institution.
    3. Press CTRL+Shift while selecting Contact Info.
    4. Select one of the accounts associated with the bank from the dropdown list
    5. Select Financial Institution Branding and Profile from the list and click Refresh.
    6. Click OK and go online by clicking the Update/Send button.
    7. Attempt your online session again.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • bmrock
    bmrock Member
    I've been getting the same error for a few days, too.
  • AR53
    AR53 Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your help. I am running R34.20 Build: 27.1.34.20 I have tried all the suggestions and nothing works. The program is almost unusable with it being unstable, flashing and crashing.
  • AR53
    AR53 Member ✭✭
    I have now deactivated the online connection to Wells Fargo. The program is now working "a little" better whereas before the deactivation, it was unusable.
  • RTW-VA
    RTW-VA Member
    R33.24 Build: 27.1.33.24 Same problem (301-A) I have tried all the suggestions and nothing works. Not able to connect to WF banking via Quicken.
  • AR53
    AR53 Member ✭✭
    The disconnect to Wells Fargo has now stabilized the program to where it is working as it should. No more "flashing", crashing or freezing. It has to be the "Wells Fargo Direct Connect" connection.
  • QMHS
    QMHS Member
    Still having problems with Wells Fargo Update. When will this be fixed? It has been 2 days now. Thank you.
  • QMHS
    QMHS Member
    I have the same problem...still going on after days.
  • Brad Booth
    Brad Booth Member ✭✭
    Same issue, since Thursday. Deactivated and reactivated, refreshed and updated branding and profile to no avail - still get 301 error.
  • TimberTim
    TimberTim Member
    I must echo previous issues and comments. I have been getting the error for a few days, and keep trying. I have also tried to "refresh" and reset, to no avail.
  • rfjones
    rfjones Member
    Hi All,

Same issue with my Quicken Deluxe Version R34.16, Build 27.134.16. I tried all the refresh stuff too. It's been returning with an OL-301-A error for three days.
  • Hi, is anyone else still experiencing an error when attempting a One Step Update with Wells Fargo: OL-301A? Thanks!
  • Jimbeau
    Jimbeau Member
    This afternoon (7/11/21) Wells online support said this issue over the last 3 days is due to a Quicken server issue and that I can sign-up to be notified when it gets corrected, but I haven't found where/how to do that. Can anyone tell me how to do that?
  • loridow
    loridow Member
    I am still getting an error today. It has now been several days since I have been able to update all of my Wells Fargo accounts. Considering I do most of my daily banking through WF, this is incredibly inconvenient.
  • Cyndi
    Cyndi Member ✭✭
    I am also getting the same error as mentioned above for days now when trying to connect to Wells Fargo. Any work arounds available?
  • Liz Renninger
    Liz Renninger Member ✭✭
    I just spoke to Wells Fargo. They informed me that they are having a Wells Fargo systemwide problem with Quicken downloads and they have no idea when it will be resolved. This appears to be a Wells Fargo issue. Assume you'll have to keep attempting downloads daily to see if the problem has been fixed. I haven't had a successful download since July 8. You can call Wells Fargo at 1-800-956-4442 to ask about the issue.
  • TimberTim
    TimberTim Member
    I tried again today, and the WF update failed. Then I just updated Quicken with the latest patch (R34.20 Build 27.1.34.20) and tried to update WF accounts, and it worked. There was about a 15 minute interval between my failed and successful attempt, so I assume the problem was fixed in the latest update.
    Thanks!
  • KiloFoxtrot6
    KiloFoxtrot6 Member
    Sadly, although I too updated to R34.20 Build 27.1.34.20, the WF update still does not work. Same OL-301-A error. *Sigh*.
  • FrankEbee
    FrankEbee Member
    I completed the same update, and it didn't make a difference.
  • gcburke
    gcburke Member ✭✭
    Same problem here. No help with update.
  • Edva
    Edva Member
    I called Wells Fargo today.
    It is a known issue and no time frame for resolution .
  • Jimbeau
    Jimbeau Member
    I tried Anja's steps and I'm still getting OL-301-A immediately as before. Wells Fargo said it was an issue with a Quicken server and there was a way to be notified when it is corrected, but I haven't found that in the Quicken Community. Can you help with that?
    Thanks!
  • RRANJ
    RRANJ Member
    Finally decided to search the web after 5 days of this particular problem, and found this discussion area. Other than what's been posted already, here's what I've run into so far....

- still a problem as of 9am today (July 13)
    - I have the latest upgrade as do most of you
    - this OL-301-A error ONLY seems to occur using Wells Fargo Advisors....the banking portion of Wells Fargo seems to function OK so far - at least for me
    - the problem has been intermittent....that is - it started about July 8, and has sometimes worked, although it's been consistently down since at Sun, July 11.

I was about to call Wells Fargo, but it appears that at least a couple of you already have. So I guess we'll have to wait it out.
  • loridow
    loridow Member
    Unfortunately it is also the banking for me. So no transactions downloaded in 5 days now. Not good for my main checking account. :-(
  • RRANJ
    RRANJ Member
    Looks like it's up and running at 7pm EDT on 7/13. At least for me. Just thought you'd like to know,
  • gcburke
    gcburke Member ✭✭
    Still not working for me. Same error code OL-301.
  • TimberTim
    TimberTim Member
    Well I posted yesterday, and assumed the latest patch fixed the WF update problem for me. I was able to update 7 WF accounts, and bring 5 days of transactions up to date. But its not working again today, so.....

Windows 10 Home: Quicken Deluxe V R34.20 Build 27.1.34.20
  • Slick8791
    Slick8791 Member ✭✭
    edited July 14
    [removed - rant/unhelpful]