Screen hangs with "performing final conversion steps"

Quicken updated today when I opened it. No file was open; had to open my regular file. It's been stuck like this for hours. I've restarted, restarted the computer, etc - nothing seems to work - [Removed- Speculation]

Comments

  • MIKE1968
    MIKE1968 Member
    I should add that I've tried everything I can think of - restoring a backup and trying that, uninstalling Quicken and reinstalling, and finally buying another copy for a different computer to see if I could access the data that way - same thing. Doesn't go through any preliminary steps; just goes immediately to "performing final conversion steps." Is there anything I can do?
  • Arriola Firm Guam
    Arriola Firm Guam Member ✭✭
    @MIKE1968, I am also having this issue. Seems to have happened only after my Quicken updated to the latest version, R34.24 (27.1.34.24). Hope Quicken can rectify this issue.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 25
    MIKE1968 said:
    finally buying another copy for a different computer to see if I could access the data that way - same thing. 
    I would get a refund for that purchase since you can install on as many computers as you like just by using the same Quicken Id for your original subscription.

    EDIT: @Arriola Firm Guam (just flagging you to make sure you see this suggestion too)
    The one suggestion I have is try restoring to an older version of Quicken by using a manual patch from here: Quicken Patches - QuicknPerlWiz
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • pcwise
    pcwise Member
    We had this same issue today as well. This may help. We had left the "Performing final conversion steps" open for 45 minutes and figured it was never going to finish. I finally left it going for about an hour and a half and it finally finished. Go figure. Seems fine now.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    pcwise said:  We had left the "Performing final conversion steps" open for 45 minutes and figured it was never going to finish. I finally left it going for about an hour and a half and it finally finished. Go figure. Seems fine now.
    YIKES....

    Quicken Subscription - Windows 10
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello All,

    Thank you for reporting this message and behavior to the community.  Our teams have been investigating this issue and have traced the root cause to the saved reports.

    If you are still receiving this message, we recommend reverting to the prior version (R34.16), available here.

    With R34.16 installed, open your data file and navigate to the saved reports (Reports > My Saved Graphs & Reports) and remove any older, no longer used, etc., saved reports listed.

    With the saved reports deleted, then reinstall the R34.24 release.  Your data file should now open without the message and hang for "performing final conversion" steps, but please let us know how it goes and if you do continue to experience an issue.

    Thank you,

    Sarah
  • ABBaby
    ABBaby Member
    Having same problem. Reverted to prior version using Sarah's link to restore a backup file but version is now stated as R33.19. Anyway, when trying to open 'manage toolbar reports' in the 'reports and graphs center', to delete reports as instructed the program crashes. So, I unable to follow the solution completely to know if it worked. (I will add that probably a couple of revisions ago my list of saved reports completely disappeared with a couple showing up on the toolbar. No real harm at the time so I didn't worry about it.) What prompted me to try and restore a report was that one of my accounts became disordered about the same time as the R34.24 revision but I only noticed it today. The problem being charges in the account registering as payments in the account. (Yes, the date column is in the right order.) Of course that would be the case if the balance were favorable, and is showing that to be the case basically since its creation. However, this is a credit card account and it never has a favorable balance by default. I thought maybe I had somehow corrupted the file, although this happened about the time as the last release, so, I thought restoring a file might help reveal what was wrong with the file, but cannot do that unless I can restore an old file. Finally, when installing R34.24 I did have trouble with the conversion locking up as report, but it eventually did install.