Quicken for Mac Canada - BMO Bank

I am not able to connect with the BMO bank. I can login fine from the website. Quicken Version 6.2.2 (Build 602.39004.100). They recently changed their system to a unified login for all accounts.

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @qkn@shafer

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you I need more information. For instance, what error messages/codes are you getting? Have you recently updated your login credentials? What connection method are you using? 

To find the connection method being used select Settings (bottom right corner) >Downloads. 

Once more information is provided we can move forward with diagnosing the issue. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • qkn@shafer
    qkn@shafer Member
    It just says “Did you mis-type your login information? Pleaser retype your sign0in info for BMO Bank of Montreal”.

I verified the login credentials are correct and can log into my account using them.

I am using “Web Connect”.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @qkn@shafer

Thank you for the response. Since you are having issues connecting with Web Connect, can you try switching to Quicken Connect? In addition to this make sure that you have also cleared out your keychain.

To switch connection methods select Settings >Downloads >Change Connection Type. 

Please let us know how it goes after attempting the steps above. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • qkn@shafer
    qkn@shafer Member
    I am a little confused on the connection type. I said it was "Web Connect" because that is what it says on the Account Settings>Download screen. When I click on "Options it shows "Quicken Connect".

I also cleared out the keychain.

I tried to connect again and it still fails.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @qkn@shafer,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and for not having received a follow-up response yet.

When you last attempted to connect using Quicken Connect, were there any specific error code(s) and/or message(s) you received while trying to connect that you could provide us with here, please?

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• qkn@shafer
    qkn@shafer Member
    It just says “Did you mis-type your login information? Pleaser retype your sign0in info for BMO Bank of Montreal”.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for your response.

Did you normally use automatic downloads via Quicken Connect in the past? The reason I ask is that you mentioned that you initially had it set up for Web Connect.

Web Connect is not an automatic download method, but instead, is a 2-step download method that requires you to download transactions via a QFX file directly from the financial institution website that is then imported to Quicken. Do you recall if having done that in the past?

-Quicken Anja

• qkn@shafer
    qkn@shafer Member
    I said it was "Web Connect" because that is what it says on the Account Settings>Download screen. When I click on "Options it shows "Quicken Connect".

So I have always used Quicken Connect.
  • Quicken Anja
    Please allow me to clarify.

If it showed "Web Connect" as the connection type in Account Settings > Download, that would indicate that "Web Connect" was the connection type that was last used to update the account. This is also why I asked if you recall having done a 2-step download process in the past.

The grey "Options" button you are referring to, does not show which connection type you have been using previously. Instead it more so "asks" you to choose which connection type you would like to use and set up going forward. By default, it will always have "Quicken Connect" selected first (if that option is available) regardless of the financial institution that was selected prior to clicking on the grey "Options" button, however, it does not mean that you have been using "Quicken Connect" all along.

I apologize for any confusion, though I hope this clarifies things.

-Quicken Anja

• qkn@shafer
    qkn@shafer Member
    I believe I tried "Web Connect" in the past but would like to use "Quicken Connect" as I use for my other bank accounts.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for your response.

And so far, have you tried connecting to "Quicken Connect" through the account Settings only, or through the same route as adding a new account as well?

If you haven't already, I suggest you first deactivate the account(s) (if applicable) by navigating to Settings > Downloads > Disconnect Account. Then, try connecting by navigating to Accounts > New..., and see if it will allow you to log in that way. If successful, please be sure to link the account(s) to the coordinating account(s) set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• qkn@shafer
    qkn@shafer Member
    Same error. It just goes to the Quicken Sign-in page and asks if your login and password are correct. I know the credentials are right as I can login from the BMO page. How do I recover the bank information?
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for trying that, though I apologize that the issue still continues to persist.

At this point, I recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly instead, for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

I apologize that our efforts from the Community were unable to resolve this for you.

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.