add investment account not on list

Can you add a website and have Quicken sync with it. The brokerage allows for the download.

Best Answer

• Marcus Zee
    Marcus Zee Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you Boatnmaniac and PS56k2. I appreciate your assistance. I was able to get this rectified. It was an affiliate to a large brokerage and the brokerage was able to get me access. Again, thanks for your time.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Hi @Marcus Zee .  There is no way to manually add a download link for a financial institution that does not support Quicken.  The financial institution needs to contract with Quicken in order for the Quicken program to be able to directly accept downloads from that financial institution.
    What you can do is set it up as a manual account in Quicken and do one of the following:
    • Manually enter transactions into the account register.
    • Or, if the financial institution allows for downloads in QIF, CSV and/or Excel formats, you might want to try downloading and installing ImportQIF (http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/) and use this program to modify the downloaded files into a format that Quicken can import.  ImportQIF is a freeware program developed by a long-time Quicken user and very active Quicken Community forum participant.  I have not used the program myself but others posting in this forum have said they have used it and it works well.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Marcus Zee said: The brokerage allows for the download.
    What brokerage ...
    What version and release of Quicken....  Help --> About Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Marcus Zee
    Marcus Zee Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you Boatnmaniac and PS56k2. I appreciate your assistance. I was able to get this rectified. It was an affiliate to a large brokerage and the brokerage was able to get me access. Again, thanks for your time.