Bug report: "show" button in the password entry box has no effect Ver 27.1.34.20

lagunajim
lagunajim Windows Beta Beta
On the "Activate One Step Update" dialog, the "show" button in the password entry box has no effect - clicking on it does not show the password vs the ******'s.

Answers

• UserDavidC
    UserDavidC Member ✭✭✭✭
    I also have an American Express card and I tried to activate it.

On my system (version R33.24) the Show/hide button works correctly.
    Quicken user since 1995.
    Current subscription user.
  • lagunajim
    lagunajim Windows Beta Beta
    edited July 2021
    Hi.  I'm in a different version than you are.  Just reporting my experience.

Has your version offered you American Express via DIRECT CONNECT, which is a relatively new offering vs Express Web Connect ?
  • UserDavidC
    UserDavidC Member ✭✭✭✭
    lagunajim said:
    Hi.  I'm in a different version than you are.  Just reporting my experience.
    I realize that you are running a newer version. I just wanted to confirm whether this was a new problem or not and to help others that may try to help you by reporting my findings.
    lagunajim said:
    Has your version offered you American Express via DIRECT CONNECT, which is a relatively new offering vs Express Web Connect ?
    When I activated my American Express card, Quicken automatically used Direct Connect for me.
    Quicken user since 1995.
    Current subscription user.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    lagunajim said:
    On the "Activate One Step Update" dialog, the "show" button in the password entry box has no effect - clicking on it does not show the password vs the ******'s.
    I'm on R 34.20 and cannot confirm the reported problem. Clicking on "Show" works as in previous releases and does indeed show the password characters as entered.
    Have you tried rebooting Windows?

If that still doesn't work and if you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been able to reproduce this.
    I was trying the exercise of creating a new file un-linked from my production file using the new "Create a copy or template" operation. This scenario unfortunately deactivates all online updating. I know this is by design, but it's a mistake to do this.
    After re-connecting several accounts with "Show" working, I got to an account where clicking "Show" did nothing ever afterward.
    So there is a bug here, but it's not terribly easy to manifest.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.