New Problem with "Bills & Reminders"

Options
I don't always pay bills on the date they are scheduled in Quicken. Recently, Quicken started automatically entering these scheduled bills into my check register with the word "overdue" next to it. This is beyond unhelpful, because it results in incorrect balances in my check register. If I had wanted the bills to be automatically entered, I would have checked that choice. When I don't check that choice I DO NOT WANT the bills entered. How soon can we fix this?

Best Answer

• Barry Weintrob
    Barry Weintrob Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    PROBLEM RESOLVED by an excellent Quicken help representative over the phone. The most recent update must have reset my settings for "Reminders to Show in Register". I set it back to "Don't Show Reminders" and now all is well. Thank you Quicken help.

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Options
    EDITED:  This is a different problem than I thought.

If a transaction is in overdue state then in fact it hasn't been entered into the register.
    What you are describing is just the reminders being displayed in the register.

If you click on the status/overdue you can actually enter it into your register.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Barry Weintrob
    Barry Weintrob Member ✭✭
    Options
    Chris__QPW, What you describe is how it was up until about two weeks ago. Now, the program is entering overdue transactions in my check register, labeling them as "overdue" but entering them anyway, and subtracting the estimated amount from my checking balance.
  • Barry Weintrob
    Barry Weintrob Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    PROBLEM RESOLVED by an excellent Quicken help representative over the phone. The most recent update must have reset my settings for "Reminders to Show in Register". I set it back to "Don't Show Reminders" and now all is well. Thank you Quicken help.