capital one and sallie mae not updating with express web connect

Is anyone else having this problem today?  It seems that express web connect seems to always have problems.  Not so with Direct Connect.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Thank you for the additional information.

To start with, if you haven't already, please take a moment to review and follow the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding error CC-601.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Hello @Rick8,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Also, are you receiving any specific error code(s) and/or message(s) while trying to connect that you could provide us with here, please?

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• Rick8
    Rick8 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Anja,  Quicken Premier R33.24 Build 27.1.33.24 Subscription.  Windows 10 All updates and patches through this week.  No error codes. Just the express web accounts.  All direct connect accounts work fine.  All were working fine July 7 when I last did a One Step Update around 7:pm.  July 8, morning, logged on, ran OSU and all the express web accounts did not update.  Did get a message (only once) that Quicken could not connect to the financial institutions and to try later.  Never worked after that.
  • Rick8
    Rick8 Member ✭✭✭✭
    7-9-21 3:20PM.  Just tried again.  This time Quicken error CC-601 for Sallie Mae Bank "We cannot find an account with non-zero balance or with any transaction in the last 12 months.  I have 4 accounts there each with over 12 transactions in the last year and all with balances that are not zero.
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Thank you for the additional information.

To start with, if you haven't already, please take a moment to review and follow the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding error CC-601.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• todwatts
    todwatts Member ✭✭
    edited July 2021
    I am having this same problem with Sallie Mae Bank.

It is a NEW ISSUE with Quicken, not Sallie Mae. I have five CDs at Sallie Mae and one Savings. All post INTEREST monthly.

Now, there have been no additions or withdrawals to the accounts in the past 12 months .... BUT THERE HAS BEEN MONTHLY INTEREST posted each month ... and has been for years! Quicken has always updated the accounts with no error message.

Now I'm getting the same error message as Rick ... "We cannot find an account with non-zero balance or with any transaction in the last 12 months."

[removed - disruptive/unhelpful]
  • Rick8
    Rick8 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I tried the canned fix for error CC-601, as suggested.  It worked for 1 day for sallie mae accounts, then proceeded to not update again.  Same with Capital One.  Re-installed Quicken.  Fixed it for, again, about 1 day.  This is a recurring bug in the program. Started during my using QW27.1.33.24 on July 8 and continues with all the updates through QW27.1.34.16.  Sometimes it happens with my Discover Card account, but it is always an account that uses express web connect.  Please fix this.

• Rick8
    Rick8 Member ✭✭✭✭
    This morning, not updating any Express Web Connect Accounts: Discover, Sallie Mae, Capital One 360.  However the only one with a CC-601 is Sallie Mae.  Please fix the Express Web Connect function.  This is a Quicken Bug
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for the update and additional information, though I apologize that the instructions provided in the CC-601 support article failed to resolve the error for you.

As stated in the article, if the steps fail to resolve the error, then you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files to further investigate, and will likely be required to file an escalation if they see fit.

Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• Rick8
    Rick8 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I already sent in the complete list of log files, database, etc. directly from the quicken program.
This discussion has been closed.