Paychecks and bills are showing up multiple times in the calendar

JeffB78
JeffB78 Member
My paychecks and some bills are showing up multiple times on the same day in the calendar on the bills and income tab. This is causing all of the balance forecasting to be off. I have tried deleting and adding them back and it is still happening. They do not show up multiple times in the registers. Is anyone else having this issue or know of a fix?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @JeffB78,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file as described in the instructions provided below. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. File Operations
    3. Validate and Repair
    4. Validate File
    5. Click OK
    6. Close the Data Log
    7. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    8. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. File Operations
    3. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair
    4. Super Validate File
    5. Click OK
    6. Close the Data Log
    7. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    8. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • JeffB78
    JeffB78 Member
    I am using 33.24. The validate did fix the issues with them showing up multiple times, however it created about 100 single entries on the calendar with only the date filled in. I have the option to edit, skip, or delete but not enter them
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Hello @JeffB78

Thanks for the update and letting us know. That is odd about the entries on the calendar. I'm wondering here are those completely new entries or if they're duplicates of existing ones. If you could get us a screenshot of what exactly it looks likes to figure out what exactly is happening.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#latest

Once you've had the chance please let us know more and we'll see what we can do to correct the issue.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Kerry
    Kerry Member ✭✭
    Same issues with multiple entries on calendar for two different billers. The Super Validate did correct that but made multiple blank entries on the biller screen, many of the dates were past dates with no indication as to who the biller or amount should be
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    @Kerry

Thanks for letting us know you had similar issues. If you edit the blank entries does nothing populate them as well? I'm wondering if they might be there but not showing since they're still from previous dates. If that's not the case I might recommend trying to load a copy of a backup and taking a screenshot of the billers to adjust them to the correct payee/dates.

Once you get the chance let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Kerry
    Kerry Member ✭✭
    There was nothing to edit. There was no biller name, no amount, and no category. I went to a backup and everything is back to normal. The SUPER VALIDATE created more problems than it fixed. The only solution was to restore the last backup.
  • johnryg2
    johnryg2 Member
    Same problem. Version 33.24 Build 27.1.33.24
    on calendar single paycheck of income reminder shows up 10 times on payday.
  • johnryg2
    johnryg2 Member
    Same problem, ver. 33.24 My pay schedule changed to a twice a month format, I don't know if that has anything to do with the problem. Just a detail of the situation.
  • JeffB78
    JeffB78 Member
    Quicken do you have any further information. You now have several customers who are experiencing this same issue.
  • Bstanley5
    Bstanley5 Member
    The process described above may work fine for relatively new user however I encounter issues with the process not being able to handle large volumes of transactions. This issue began last fall. I've been a user since 1992 and it never happened until last fall. The problem seems to be that the calendar is not filtering for the current period only. So it shows hundreds of scheduled entries. I've abandoned the online billing for now and all of them are manual bills.