Problem with downloading Capital One transactions

This is strange.... (Windows 10, Quicken R33.24, 27.1.33.24)
1. When I try to download transactions from my Capital One credit card account I get no errors but nothing downloads. This is an account I have had for years and I download every few days.
2. I went to the account settings and tried the account reset. This process seemed to work ok in that it took me to the Capital One site to validate Quicken as a authorized vendor. But, at the end, I get a message that the account does not exist at Capital One (it does) and that I should remove the account from one step update.
3. I closed and reopened Quicken. Now I see a newly created account from Capital One that I did not create. It has a different name and it contains all the recent transactions (that I am missing in the real account.)
4. I deleted this account and tried to do the account reset again. Exactly the same results.
5. I replaced my Quicken data file with a backup from last night. I then went through the entire process again. Exactly the same results.
Please help.

Best Answers

• Mark McKenzie
    Mark McKenzie Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Based on something I read in another thread, I looked into the mobile/web setup. I had already removed all accounts from being sent to the cloud (even before this issue started today.) I looked closer at the configuration and noticed that the cloud sync was still set to on. So I disabled the cloud sync. Then I exited and restarted Quicken. This time when I tried to update Capital, it downloaded transactions correctly. So if you are having issues like this, you might want to remove cloud sync from all accounts and then turn off then cloud sync setting.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yes, when Quicken gets out of sync with the Cloud Account then problems like this can be encountered.  Unless you use the Mobile or Quicken on the Web features, it is best to keep Sync turned off.  If you do use Mobile or Quicken on the Web, then Sync needs to be turned on and if the Cloud Account does get out of sync or gets corrupted then the fix is to delete the Cloud Account so Quicken can recreate it from scratch.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Mark McKenzie
    Mark McKenzie Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Based on something I read in another thread, I looked into the mobile/web setup. I had already removed all accounts from being sent to the cloud (even before this issue started today.) I looked closer at the configuration and noticed that the cloud sync was still set to on. So I disabled the cloud sync. Then I exited and restarted Quicken. This time when I tried to update Capital, it downloaded transactions correctly. So if you are having issues like this, you might want to remove cloud sync from all accounts and then turn off then cloud sync setting.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yes, when Quicken gets out of sync with the Cloud Account then problems like this can be encountered.  Unless you use the Mobile or Quicken on the Web features, it is best to keep Sync turned off.  If you do use Mobile or Quicken on the Web, then Sync needs to be turned on and if the Cloud Account does get out of sync or gets corrupted then the fix is to delete the Cloud Account so Quicken can recreate it from scratch.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)