Capital One reauthorization loop

did this ever get solved. tried adding a new card to my existing capital one quicken.

get stuck in a never ending authorization loop. I have several emails from Cap 1 saying they are added but I can't get the new one to show up in quicken. Sometimes I get a screen showing me zero cap one accounts from quicken. Read the other threads on this subject but they seem to peter out without a solution given for resolution.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Rob Williams

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

The Described behavior can be caused by multiple things, as such we would recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. They'll be able to troubleshooting alongside you and additionally collect logs if necessary to figure out what could be causing the issue you're having. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    This is still an issue on July 15, 2021. Attempting to connect a CapOne credit card loops forever.
    Is Quicken Support still the only way to fix this currently, @Quicken Francisco ?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It gets worse.
    I tried a little later and there was no loop and the process continued OK.
    However, Quicken and CapOne colluded to create a new credit card account for me instead of linking to the existing account. There was no opportunity to link to the existing account.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• dmkahn
    dmkahn Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    I had this also. I noticed quicken maintained separate online accounts for my 3 Cap One credit cards and it would reauth 1 or 2 and then the other 1 or 2 needed to be reauthed. The root of my problem is in quicken's handling of the situation where you might have more than online account associated with the same cap one account, since reauthorizing might change the tokens. So when you reauth 1 or 2, the other 1 or 2 now have old tokens that no longer work. At least that's my guess.

So I experimented, and deactivated all 3 Cap One CC online accounts in quicken, cleared out the account info in the info tab, then attempted to set them up together. Now you are presented with a choice, use Capital One or Capital One 360. Not sure what the difference is, but Cap One Services didn't work for me, it fails the account setup. So I tried Cap One 360, reauthorized all 3 CC accounts, linked each of them carefully to the correct quicken accounts, and that seems to be working now.

Quicken .. you have a problem with authorization tokens when the user uses separate online accounts with the same cap one cc account and for some reason cap one services (NOT 360) doesn't work. (Why are there 2 choices here? Which one is a user supposed to pick?)