Symbol for tracking Bitcoin Cash in Quicken

What symbol should I use to track Bitcoin Cash in Quicken? When I search on the internet, I find that the symbol is BCH, but this doesn't see to be the right security in Quicken (Grayscale Bitcoin Cash Trust), which has a different asset value.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crypto currencies are not yet supported by Quicken.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• jakewho
    jakewho Member ✭✭
    Although Quicken doesn't provide direct support for crypto currencies, it is possible to track an approximation of Bitcoin by using the INDEX:NYXBT security symbol. I'm wondering if there is a similar symbol which can be used for Bitcoin Cash.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Well, I learned something new about Quicken today.  I had no idea that we can track the NYXBT index.
    However, since I do not involve myself in cryptos I really cannot provide much of an answer to your question about BCH (Bitcoin Cash ticker).  I did review the other index options available and did not see any index for BCH.  And since Quicken does not directly support cryptos the BCH ticker is not accepted by Quicken (at least not for Bitcoin Cash since BCH is also the ticker for Banco de Chile).  So, the short answer appears to be no.
    Sorry.  Maybe someone else has a better answer for you than I do.

• jakewho
    jakewho Member ✭✭
    I guess if there isn't an index associated with Bitcoin Cash, I will have to track the share price manually
  • Boatnmaniac
    That's certainly an option for you.  I have to do that with some securities I own that are not included in US exchanges.  It's not ideal but it works.
    BTW, I've heard that support for cryptos is being considered by Quicken.  If it does happen it will likely not be announced until it suddenly shows up in some future software update.

This discussion has been closed.