Can't add 2nd Citibank credit card

I have a CitiBank CC account in my account list. I try adding a 2nd CitiBank CC which has separate login credentials and I get the usual animations on the screen and then poof the adding account window goes away and no account has been added and no error codes. It's like I didn't do anything. I have tried 6 times over tow day and the same result. I also did a validate and repair file and no difference. I need help. I added a Barclays CC at the same time and it worked as usual.
Tagged:

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which Citibank CC is it?
    Which Citi link are you trying to set it up with?  Citibank or Citi Cards? 

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• stevemj3dguy
    stevemj3dguy Member ✭✭
    I have tried both Citibank and Citi Cards. The result is the same. I have no problems logging in to the citi.com web site to access my account. I get no errors or any information the window just vanishes.
  • Boatnmaniac
    OK.  So, the other question was: Which Citi CC are you not able to set up?

• stevemj3dguy
    stevemj3dguy Member ✭✭
    I have 2 different Citi American Airlines Advantage Mastercards. One has been set up for years and the new one I just got. They have different login credentials. The original card account is syncing and working as normal. The new one won't load into my account list.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited July 2021
    There is a unique Add Account link for Citi's American Airlines Credit Card.  Have you tried that one?

• stevemj3dguy
    stevemj3dguy Member ✭✭
    CC-503 It rejected my credentials. The same credentials that work on the Citibank web site. To be clear I have a American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum Select Master Card. This is really getting frustrating.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @stevemj3dguy

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we're able to do next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Boatnmaniac
    You have one CC that works well with Quicken.  Open Account List and in the Financial Institution column what is the exact name/spelling of the financial institution for that CC that does work with OSU?  (If you do not see the Financial Institution column in the Account List, click on the Options button toward the bottom left of the screen and check the box for Show financial institution.)
    Also, in Account List, what is the connection method shown for that CC in the Transaction Download column?  (If you do not see the Transaction Download column in the Account List, click on the Options button toward the bottom left of the screen and check the box for Show transaction download status.)

• stevemj3dguy
    stevemj3dguy Member ✭✭
    I deleted my old Citi American Airlines Advantage Mastercard and added the new one no problem. No idea why this was a problem but we are don for now