Unable to create loan reminder, loops again and again

C Calli
C Calli Member ✭✭
Try to create loan reminder, Each time I set it up and choose Done it reverts back to prior screen. endless circle. I called Support and they had me run Validate and Repair and that did not work so they suggested I post a request for help here on the community. Still not woring.

Answers

• C Calli
    C Calli Member ✭✭
    [Thu Jul 15 12:06:38 2021]

File: "C:\Users\Courtney's Lenovo\Documents\Quicken\Courtney's Lenovo's Quicken Data"

QDF:
    Validating your data.
    Quicken found a damaged scheduled reminder and removed it. Please check your scheduled reminders by going to Tools>Manage Bills and Income Reminders.

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.

[Thu Jul 15 12:07:14 2021]
    14 damaged scheduled transactions deleted
    No out-of-range security references found.

Validation has completed.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @C Calli,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

If you haven't already, I suggest that you try super validating your data file next by following the instructions provided below. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• C Calli
    C Calli Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your reply. I am using Quicken Deluxe Version R33.24, build 27.1.33.24 for Windows 10 Home. See below results from Super Validate.
    Tried to set-up the Loan Reminder again and it still does not advance past “next” and keeps going in circles.

Thank you.

[Fri Jul 16 12:21:49 2021]
    File: "C:\Users\Courtney's Lenovo\Documents\Quicken\Courtney's Lenovo's Quicken Data"
    QDF:
    Validating your data.
    Quicken found a damaged scheduled reminder and removed it. Please check your scheduled reminders by going to Tools>Manage Bills and Income Reminders.
    QEL:
    No read errors.
    QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.
    [Fri Jul 16 12:22:24 2021]
    Additional data conversion in QWMain started
    [Fri Jul 16 12:22:30 2021]
    No out-of-range security references found.
    Super validation has completed.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for the additional information.

Since you are currently still running version release R33.24, next, I recommend updating your Quicken program to the latest version release; R34.16 and see if doing so will help resolve this issue.

To update, please navigate to Help > Check for updates, or you can download and install the R34.16 Mondo Patch through this support article

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• C Calli
    C Calli Member ✭✭
    I tried to download the mondo patch and get this error message
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

In case of Patch installation error "Server file failed to load … Index and length …"

Please follow instructions here:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/patch-error-unable-check-updates-server-file-failed-load
    If the error message is about a file named "wyserver.wys", the problem is the Windows User Account name. If your Windows User files are located in a folder named, for example,
    "C:\Users\John Doe\..." (with a blank space between John and Doe)
    you need to create a new Windows User Account with Admin privileges and a name that does not contain a blank space, e.g., "John". Use the new account to install or update Quicken. Afterwards return to using your regular Windows User Account for running Quicken and doing all other work, as usual.

If the user name is not the cause, try to enable and use the hidden Administrator account.
    See https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/enable-the-hidden-administrator-account-on-windows-vista/ how to do that. Supposed to work in all Windows versions.

• C Calli
    C Calli Member ✭✭
    Installed the update but still having the same issue where not able to setup a Loan Reminder because it goes in a circle
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @C Calli

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

The Described behavior can be caused by multiple things, as such we would recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. They'll be able to see what could be causing the issue and also giving us a better idea what could be causing the issue.  I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.