Investment Account "Alight solutions" deletes securities when updating and replaces with cash

Kjel
Kjel Member
edited July 2021 in Investing (Windows)
Investment Account (Alight solutions) deletes my 401k securities when updating via one step and replaces with cash. There is no cash in these accounts that the amount shown does not correspond to the value of the account. is there a an open ticket at Quicken for this problem?

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly, in detail, are you seeing this happen?
    If you have the securities in the Quicken Account before the download and the download "deletes" these securities, then I'd expect that you'd have a "Remove" action for each security.  Is that what you're seeing in the transaction list?
    If there's no cash in the Account before the download then I'd expect to see the cash come in - probably as one transaction and probably as a "Deposit" - with the Account's name surrounded by square brackets in the "Category" box.
    Is there a separate cash Account associated with the Alight Solutions 401(k) account?  Have you asked Alight Solutions for help here?
    Without a more granular, complete description of what you're seeing in your Quicken Account it's difficult to do more than speculate.  You might want to open the OFX log right after the download and see if you can determine what information Alight is sending you.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    just to clarify terminology - your Alight Solutions is a 401k account... with investment holdings -
    10245    10245    10245    Alight Solutions    https://alight.com/    NA    NA    ACTIVE   
    ACCOUNTINFO,401K&DIRECT                 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Kjel
    Kjel Member
    Yes there are 3 401k accounts with alight. None of the 3 accounts actually have cash balances in them
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple other questions:
    1. How long has this been happening?
    2. Are all of the securities being deleted or only some of them?
    3. If only some are being deleted, which securities are they and what kind of securities are they (large cap, small cap, stocks, mutual funds, ETFs, money market fund, etc.)

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Kjel
    Kjel Member
    All securities disappear replaced by a cash balance that is not reflective of any of the investments
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kjel - Sorry about taking so long to get back to you.  I have been wracking my brain trying to understand what might be causing this but have come up empty.  And since no one else seems to have a solution and if you are still experiencing this problem I suggest you contact Quicken Support (How to Contact Quicken Support).

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be looking along the lines @Tom Young initially pointed:
    You might want to open the OFX log right after the download and see if you can determine what information Alight is sending you.
    You can access the OFX logs through the help screens (Help / Log Files / OFX log).  It may take some work to decipher them.  You can save the log as a txt file and search through it more easily with tools like Notepad. 

Another question I did not see raised was whether you are having transactions automatically entered into the transaction list.  (Edit / Preferences / Downloaded Transactions)  If so, I would cancel that option so that you can better control the flow of data into your file.

I'd also ask if somehow you have made that account a "Simple Investing" account.