Quicken won't open on my computer all of a sudden.

Tracy A Keller
Tracy A Keller Member
When I click on the icon to open Quicken, it appears to load with the pop up window and then it lags and disappears without actually opening Quicken. I have logged into Quicken to download and install the latest, but the same thing continues to happen.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    If the Quicken process (qw.exe) is running, hover the mouse over the Quicken task bar icon until the preview window appears and the right-click on the preview windows and select Restore or Maximize.

Otherwise, if you press the Ctrl key when you open Quicken, the program should start without attempting to load the Quicken file.  If this succeeds, I suggest you restore a good Quicken file backup.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows
  • I appreciate the tips, neither got past the pop up window. I might need to call in on Monday when someone can remote in....would it have anything to do with any automatic Windows or anti virus updates by chance?
    thanks again!
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Tracy A Keller

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're having. If you were to restart your computer and relaunch Quicken does it open? I do know occasionally the program does get stuck like Sherlock stated so I'm wondering if that might of been the issue. In any case If you would like to contact support for in person assistance I'll leave our link and hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Quicken Support

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.