Apex - Avepoint merger

Qckn2224
Qckn2224 Member ✭✭
edited July 2021 in Investing (Windows)
Have a company merger (APEX) that only changed company name.

In register, Quicken shows previous company shares sold and new company (name change) bought.

Holdings show Shares and Market Value OK, but now shows cost at zero in Holdings.

Best Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Qckn2224 said:
    Doesn't work. Fidelity sent to Quicken as a stock split. I even tried corporate name change with no luck.

Earlier you said it was downloaded as Sold and Bought. In either case, you will have to delete the downloaded transactions and then enter the Corporate Acquisition.

Be sure to back up your data file before making changes, in case you do not like the result. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Qckn2224
    Qckn2224 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Ok, it worked. Thanks for your help!!!

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    It is a little more complicated than just the name change; apparently the symbol for Apex APXT also changed to AVPT.

I edited your title to make it clearer. I will leave it to others to weigh in on the details of how to record this in Quicken.
  • Qckn2224
    Qckn2224 Member ✭✭
    Thanks, good point on new ticker symbol. Hopefully I will hear from other members on how to fix.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't looked at the details of this transaction, but if it's as simple as tendering your old stock and receiving new stock in a tax-free exchange then the Quicken action to use would be the Corperate Acquisition (stock for stock ) action.  That would allow you to specify the ratio of the shares tendered versus the shares received, and the name and stock symbol of the newly acquired stock.
    You should have received information about the merger and almost always that information includes income tax guidance.
  • Qckn2224
    Qckn2224 Member ✭✭
    Doesn't work. Fidelity sent to Quicken as a stock split. I even tried corporate name change with no luck.
    Thanks for the effort.
  • Jim_Harman
    Answer ✓

Qckn2224 said:

Earlier you said it was downloaded as Sold and Bought. In either case, you will have to delete the downloaded transactions and then enter the Corporate Acquisition.

Be sure to back up your data file before making changes, in case you do not like the result. 
  • Qckn2224
    Qckn2224 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Ok, it worked. Thanks for your help!!!