T. Rowe Price retirement account exchanged funds not downloading

Running Quicken Premier R33.24 on Win 10 Home.

My company's RSP made changes to their investment options which resulted in replacement of three of the four funds in my account. On the TRP website, I see on 6/22 there were about forty Exchange Out, Exchange In, and Market Fluctuation transactions, with various sources such as Safe Harbor Match, Employee Pre-Tax, Pre-2006 Company Contributions, and Qualified Non-Elective Contributions. However, One Step Update is not downloading them. I tried a few times. "Compare to Portfolio" shows the discrepancy expected with the missing transactions.

I did create a new Quicken file to test, and an OSU resulted in 8 placeholder entries.

Not sure if there's a way to download, or if I need to enter the 40 transactions manually.

I considered using the Mutual Fund Conversion transaction wizard, but when I used that on my HSA Investment account, which also had a fund swap, I got funky results, including dozens (hundreds?) of "Added" transactions and grossly overstated prices per share.

Advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Pete

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Peter Goergen

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues downloading from you broker. I'm wondering here if we might be able to manually download the transactions from the broker. Ideally we should be able to do so by going to T Rowes website and downloading there. Generally FI's will have the option to do so. I'll leave an aritcle down below with details of how it works.

https://www.quicken.com/support/web-connect-troubleshooting

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find.  From there we'll better understand our next options.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Peter Goergen
    Peter Goergen Member ✭✭✭
    It looks like T. Rowe Price only downloads to a CSV file, which I don't believe can be imported into Quicken.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I considered using the Mutual Fund Conversion transaction wizard, but when I used that on my HSA Investment account, which also had a fund swap, I got funky results, including dozens (hundreds?) of "Added" transactions and grossly overstated prices per share."
    There is a bug in this "action" if you're using "average cost" for the mutual fund.  Looks like you might have been in that situation here.
    You might try the "Corporate Acquisition (stock for stock)" action instead.  Back up first, of course.
  • Peter Goergen
    Peter Goergen Member ✭✭✭
    I started the "Corporate Acquisition (stock for stock)" action with the first of my 41 transactions. The bad news is that this created 1 Removed transaction and 241 Added transactions. The good news is that my RSP is now worth $1.2B.
  • Peter Goergen
    Peter Goergen Member ✭✭✭
    An update. It's not just the exchanged transactions that aren't downloading. No transactions are downloading. T. Rowe Price is reportedly working with Quicken to resolve.
  • Mr Bojangles
    Mr Bojangles Member ✭✭
    Any update on this? I just tried to download my latest 401K transactions and nothing has come through even though the direct connect session was successful.
  • Peter Goergen
    Peter Goergen Member ✭✭✭
    They're reportedly still working on it. I'd say it's taking quite a long time.
  • I've talked to TRowe support and emailed a couple of times... no follow-up response. People need to start complaining to them or this issues will get no priority.
  • Peter Goergen
    Peter Goergen Member ✭✭✭
    Coincidentally, I just called today, and they said they're still working on it.
  • Peter Goergen
    Peter Goergen Member ✭✭✭
    The transaction download is working as of yesterday, for me at least for transactions after 7/5/21.