Sync budget to web

frenchguy48
frenchguy48 Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Using Quicken on the Web
My budget does not show on web and I get a message instructing me to sync my desktop budget to the web. Can't find instructions for how to do that. Premier running on windows 10. Any ideas?

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @frenchguy48

Thanks for the update. I'm thinking here next thing we can attempt is to remake the dataset so we're able to get a fresh sync to the cloud. To do this we'll need to delete our existing dataset. To start off we'll want to create a new file. You can do this by going across the top to file > new > Select a name > Don't use mobile and web > add account. From there you'll want to follow the article down below on how to delete datasets. (You don't need to add any accounts)

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

Once you've deleted the dataset you should be able to go back to your file by going across the top to file > 2 (File Name/Location).  You'll want to cloud sync again and you can go that by going across the top to mobile & web > Cloud Sync.

Once you've had the chance to do so let us know if you're able to get the budget synced properly. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @frenchguy48

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having difficulties syncing your budget to your mobile app. I would recommend resyncing your entire dataset. The process to sync budgets is the exact same for accounts. 

For instructions on syncing datasets click here. In addition, I have also attached an FAQ to help you view and edit your budget

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have further questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • frenchguy48
    frenchguy48 Member ✭✭
    Thank you. I was already aware of the instructions you referred me to, but found them unhelpful. I have a budget set up on the desktop and use it regularly to create reports. I know how to choose budget categories and I know how to select accounts to sync to the cloud. BUT what I cannot figure out from anything I have read is HOW to include the current year budget in the cloud sync. The screen I get at the web shows all my accounts and the data appears up to date, but when I check the budget tab I get the message "It looks like you don't have a budget set up. If you have a budget set up on the desktop, be sure to sync it first." That should be useful information except there does not appear to be a way to choose a budget for the cloud sync. All I can choose from are accounts. What am I missing? And what do you mean by "entire dataset?" Do you mean the entire file. I'm confused by the terminology.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Hello @frenchguy48

Thank you for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing. I'm wondering here if we might be able to get the budget to sync properly if we were to create a duplicate of it so there's another one that should be available to sync. To do this you'll want to go to the budget screen then select the gear in the top right of the screen. From there select duplicate budget and then sync the accounts to the cloud again. You can go this by going to the mobile and web tab then selecting sync now in the top right.

Once you've had a chance to try this let us know if you're able to get the budget appearing on the web. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • frenchguy48
    frenchguy48 Member ✭✭
    Tried it but it did not work. Web shows no budget
  • Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓
    @frenchguy48

Thanks for the update. I'm thinking here next thing we can attempt is to remake the dataset so we're able to get a fresh sync to the cloud. To do this we'll need to delete our existing dataset. To start off we'll want to create a new file. You can do this by going across the top to file > new > Select a name > Don't use mobile and web > add account. From there you'll want to follow the article down below on how to delete datasets. (You don't need to add any accounts)

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

Once you've deleted the dataset you should be able to go back to your file by going across the top to file > 2 (File Name/Location).  You'll want to cloud sync again and you can go that by going across the top to mobile & web > Cloud Sync.

Once you've had the chance to do so let us know if you're able to get the budget synced properly. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • frenchguy48
    frenchguy48 Member ✭✭
    Finally. It might have gone quicker if I followed the instructions to the tee first time :) . But I finally got the budget synced. Thanks for your help.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @frenchguy48

Glad to hear you were able to get the issue resolved! If you have any questions or if the issue comes up again please let us know!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.