Quicken has not been responding intermittently.

I am using Deluxe 2020. The program will spin and not respond so it needs to be shut down. Sometimes though it will all of a sudden begin to work.
Another issue. The most recent update was unable to install. Message process failed because a file is being used by another process. Have no idea how to fix this.

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Moderator mod
    Hello @critter

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. Could you let us know what version you were attempting to install and the current version in use? 

To check the version being used select Help >About Quicken. 

Once more information is obtained we can move forward in diagnosing this issue. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • critter
    critter Member ✭✭
    I am using Deluxe 2020 R 32.20 2.7.1.31.20
  • critter
    critter Member ✭✭
    Sorry typo It is version R31.20 not R32.20
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @critter

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with updating and opening your program. It sounds like the program might be getting stuck which could be causing the issue. I believe in this case we may need to try seeing if we're able to install a mondo patch to see if we might be able to fix the issue you're having. I'll leave a link down below on how to download and install the patch.

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product 

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know if you're able to get the program updated. From there we'll see what we can do next to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• critter
    critter Member ✭✭
    Thank you very much. It updated so maybe it ill solve the intermittent problem I had with the program not responding. Appreciate your help.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    critter said:
    Thank you very much. It updated so maybe it ill solve the intermittent problem I had with the program not responding. Appreciate your help.

If you continue to have "not responding" issues, please start another discussion and give us all the pertinent details. Where in the program are you, what are you doing when the problem occurs?