Beware: using "assign category" on multiple transactions will clear existing tags

Sid
Sid Member ✭✭
:s
Windows 10, R31.5.
In all transactions pane: select multiple transactions, right click, select "assign category", ok.
All previously assigned tags will be wiped out.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

Hello @Sid

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I've taken a look on my side to see if I was able to replicate the issue and was able to. This has been submitted for a bug report under ticket CTP-1540. In the mean time I would recommend selecting the transactions then selecting edit transactions. From here you should be able to change the category without wiping out the tag field although a bit slower.  I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Sid
    Sid Member ✭✭
    Thanks for checking.
    I love the speed of "assign category" vs edit.
    It would be great to have a similar "assign tags" function!
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Sid

I just wanted to let you know that our teams have confirmed a fix for this issue is included with the R34.24 release, which is now being made available in staged release.

This release has been paused, but if you would like to install it, without waiting for it to be made available to all Users, please download and install the Mondo Patch, available here.

Once installed, please let us know if you continue to experience issues with tags being cleared.

Thank you,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.