downloading Vanguard transaction data

We have two Vanguard accounts: taxable brokerage and IRA brokerage. In the past, data from both accounts have successfully downloaded into Quicken. Now, the IRA transactions download, but attempts to download the taxable transaction data provides the error message: "Your financial institution has downloaded data for an account that does not exist in your Quicken data. [OL-362-A]".
What might cause this problem to suddenly appear? What would be the solution?

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Howard1

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you I need more information. For instance, what version of Quicken are you using? What connection method are you using? 

To check the version being used select Help >About Quicken. 

To check the connection method being used select Tools >Account List >Edit account >Online services. 

Once more information is provided we can move forward in diagnosing the issue at hand. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Howard1
    Howard1 Member ✭✭
    Hello,
    Thank you for your quick response to our question.

The information you have requested is as follows:

Windows 10 Home
    Version: R33.24
    Build: 27.1.33.24

Financial Institution: Vanguard
    Connection Method: Direct Connect

As I mentioned, only one of two Vanguard accounts fails to download, and this is a recent development.
    Thank you.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Howard1

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we're able to do next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Howard1
    Howard1 Member ✭✭
    Hello Quicken,
    Thank you for continuing to help with this problem.
    I created a test file. When I added the Vanguard account to this file, the recent transactions (that I could not download to my real data file) were automatically added to the register. So this data was transferred from Vanguard to my Quicken register.
    Then, I restored my real Quicken data file. When I tried to download the transactions to my Vanguard register, I obtained the same error message as before: " for an account that does not exist in your Quicken data file [OL-362-A]".
    Two facts: 1. This Vanguard account has successfully downloaded in the past, this failure is new. 2. The account number in the "Account Details" window for this account is correct.
    So, I cannot understand why Quicken thinks that this account is not present.
    Do you have any ideas?
    Thank you,
    HS
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @Howard1

Thanks for the update. Lets see if we might be able to get it functioning by deactivating/reactivating the accounts to see if we might be able to get connectivity again.

First we'll try deactivating all of the accounts for the affected FI. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Once all the accounts are deactivated go ahead and follow the article here on reconnecting the accounts.

https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216277

Once we've done this let us know if you're able to get the accounts syncing again properly. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• Qkenoldie
    Qkenoldie Member ✭✭
    I am having the same situation with Vanguard. I have 6 accounts, 4 stopped downloading on 8/5/21. Tried all suggested solutions. I deactivated 1 of the accounts, but I can't set it up because it does not comes up in the list of available accounts, but 4 old, inactive accounts show in the list. Restore does not work for the same reason.
  • Qkenoldie
    Qkenoldie Member ✭✭
    Problem solved. Sometime ago I modified my desktop in Vanguard by hiding my IRA accounts. These accounts were the ones that were not downloading. I read a posting suggesting that that may be the cause of the problem. I put them back in view yesterday, and today they are all downloading fine. It did not work right away, apparently it resets overnight.
  • Howard1
    Howard1 Member ✭✭
    Quicken Francisco:
    Thank you for your response. I finally got around to trying to fix this problem. I followed the procedure in deactivating and reactivating the account, the taxable brokerage account. Unfortunately, the problem remains. After downloading the update file, when I ran it I got the same error message: " for an account that does not exist in your Quicken data file [OL-362-A]". I guess there is some kind of glitch somewhere, but I have no idea what to do now. Any ideas?
    Thank you.
  • Howard1
    Howard1 Member ✭✭
    P.s. This might be a hint. When I clicked on the "Reset" button in the "Online Services" tab, I obtained the error message:
    The category '401k fudge' was not synced. Illegal Operation: (0) [OK]
    Does this mean anything?
    Thank you.