Renew Notice [edited]

sidneyb7
sidneyb7 Member
edited July 2021 in Before you Buy
How do I remove the renew notice, I chose not to renew more than a month ago.  Can't believe what chat/phone reps said - I can't do it and they can't either.

[edited for readability]

Best Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The only way is to RENEW.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    sidneyb7 said:
    I have always manually entered my data to Quicken and will continue to do so. Never downloaded anything to Quicken. So no need to renew.
    Unbelievably consumer unfriendly to permanently take up 1/4 of my page space with the Expiration and Renewal reminder.
    I am in no way defending the permanent message to renew, because I think it's a terrible strategy to try to annoy and anger customers into renewing. But...

Quicken needs people to pay them in order to run the company and have the people to fix bugs and add new features and provide support, and that's why they have subscriptions. Online connectivity is another piece of it, but whether you use that or not, the company still has expenses to keep maintaining/updating/enhancing Quicken. People who say "I've decided not to renew" have declared that they are now former customers, so from their standpoint, there's no reason to show loyalty to ex-customers who are not supporting them.

Quicken is doing more than some other companies who sell subscription software. Take Adobe: the day a subscription lapses, you lose access to all your work. With Quicken, you can continue to use the software -- at the "price" of them shoving a renewal message on your screen.

Again, I think their strategy isn't a good one. They could just as easily pop up a renewal message once a week or month or every fifth launch or some interval, so they could make their point about renewing, and let you know about what's new that you're missing out on, without annoying you on a daily basis by stealing the right quarter of your screen. The brain trust at Quicken obviously disagrees. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• volvogirl
    Answer ✓
    The only way is to RENEW.

• volvogirl
    I have the FAQ for it.  If you don't renew you can still use the program manually.  But no Downloads or any online services.  But about 25% of your screen will be taken up with a reminder to renew. See this page for ongoing access to your data if you do not renew the subscription.  You can still enter new transactions manually, except for the Starter Edition which is limited.  Expand  "What does this look like" 

And see Quicken Discontinuation Policy…

• sidneyb7
    sidneyb7 Member
    Volvo Girl: Thank you for your response.
    I have always manually entered my data to Quicken and will continue to do so. Never downloaded anything to Quicken. So no need to renew.
    Unbelievably consumer unfriendly to permanently take up 1/4 of my page space with the Expiration and Renewal reminder.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    sidneyb7 said:
    I am in no way defending the permanent message to renew, because I think it's a terrible strategy to try to annoy and anger customers into renewing. But...

Quicken needs people to pay them in order to run the company and have the people to fix bugs and add new features and provide support, and that's why they have subscriptions. Online connectivity is another piece of it, but whether you use that or not, the company still has expenses to keep maintaining/updating/enhancing Quicken. People who say "I've decided not to renew" have declared that they are now former customers, so from their standpoint, there's no reason to show loyalty to ex-customers who are not supporting them.

Quicken is doing more than some other companies who sell subscription software. Take Adobe: the day a subscription lapses, you lose access to all your work. With Quicken, you can continue to use the software -- at the "price" of them shoving a renewal message on your screen.

Again, I think their strategy isn't a good one. They could just as easily pop up a renewal message once a week or month or every fifth launch or some interval, so they could make their point about renewing, and let you know about what's new that you're missing out on, without annoying you on a daily basis by stealing the right quarter of your screen. The brain trust at Quicken obviously disagrees. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    sidneyb7 said:
    How do I remove the renew notice, I chose not to renew more than a month ago.  Can't believe what chat/phone reps said - I can't do it and they can't either.

[edited for readability]
    Hi @sidneyb7 ,

If you don't wish to renew your Subscription to Quicken, you have that right. As long as you have Quicken for Windows, you can uninstall Quicken Subscription and install Quicken 2016 or 2017 for Windows, which can read and work with the file from Quicken Subscription.
    And you don't lose any real estate for ADS.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

This discussion has been closed.