Did Quicken bill me incorrectly?

alias
alias Member ✭✭✭
edited July 2021 in Before you Buy
Hi folks,

I am an existing Quicken Deluxe user on Windows. Membership expired 12-Jul-2021. I see today on the Quicken website that they are offering $20 off for the Deluxe, at $31.19 + tax instead, so I get excited and go for it. When I enter my existing email address + credit card details, it then takes me to the login screen. Until this time, it still has shown me only the $31 charge to be billed. Right after I login, I directly see a confirmation screen that I have been charged $51.99+tax instead.

I am in a +9 hrs time zone difference so it will be a few hours before Quicken support comes online and I get to hear their side of the story. Writing to check if this is just me or has Quicken done this to others too?

I I tried to go and cancel my membership and ask for a refund but the FAQ on how to cancel a membership linking to the page "https://www.quicken.com/support/how-cancel-your-quicken-membership" does not work and simply goes back to the homepage.

I later realized that there's a fine print on the front page that this discount is for new members only. OK, fine, then why not show that once I log in that this does not apply to me instead of jumping straight to order closure.

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Glad you got it resolved and Quicken came through. For future reference, the discounts you may see are only for new subscribers, not renewing subscribers. You typically see those offers when you aren't logged in, but they disappear when you log in sand it knows you're a current subscriber. But they clearly have a problem in their system if it shows the discounted price and the changes it when you click Submit. So it's good they did the right thing and adjusted what you were charged. 

For anyone else who reads this thread, expect that there is no discount if you are renewing an existing subscription. (Only if your subscription has lapsed by more than 30 days do you become considered a "new" subscriber again.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• alias
    alias Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    UPDATE: I discussed with Quicken support over chat and they agreed to refund me the differential amount. Thanks, Quicken!
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Glad you got it resolved and Quicken came through. For future reference, the discounts you may see are only for new subscribers, not renewing subscribers. You typically see those offers when you aren't logged in, but they disappear when you log in sand it knows you're a current subscriber. But they clearly have a problem in their system if it shows the discounted price and the changes it when you click Submit. So it's good they did the right thing and adjusted what you were charged. 

For anyone else who reads this thread, expect that there is no discount if you are renewing an existing subscription. (Only if your subscription has lapsed by more than 30 days do you become considered a "new" subscriber again.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.