Reconciled Transactions have been Recategorized

my reconciled transaction history has been modified by "bill and income reminder" category changes. Why is this happening? How do I restore years of history?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    While making category changes, did you get a prompt asking about updating past transactions? If so, what did you reply?
    There's a new option setting in Edit / Preferences / Data Entry & Quickfill which was recently added to Quicken:
    Could this be what's been biting you?
    If you can't reverse the unwanted past transactions' changes using Edit / Find/Replace or Tools / Recategorize the only way to undo those changes would be to restore your Quicken data file from a Manual or Automatic Backup taken prior to the problem first occurring, if necessary going back to older backups until you find a file that does not exhibit these symptoms.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

• Rad
    Rad Member ✭✭
    My Date entry and QuickFill boxes are checked as in your example?. NO I was not prompted about updating past transactions? All of these transactions are recurring split transactions and the changes that were made eliminated three of the four line split and posted the entire total to one category. I can't use the edit/replace tools to rectify. This is a VERY disturbing software bug that must be impacting other users.
  • Rad
    Rad Member ✭✭
    This is much worse that originally thought. ALL split category transactions have been reduced to one category with the entire transaction posted to just one category. HELP!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry. Looks to me like Mr. Murphy has taken a pitch fork to your data file and stirred it up like a compost pile.
    I recommend you restore a backup of your data file, as I said earlier. Find an older version that is not messed up and bring it forward to today.
  • Rad
    Rad Member ✭✭
    If/when I'm able to restore the PC data the Mobile app should be avoided. Until there is admission from Quicken Support that this is a very serious bug and they have a plan to FIX it, I will have to rely on PC data entry exclusively for financial transactions or find a more reliable mobile finance tool..
  • Rad
    Rad Member ✭✭
    This is still a MAJOR defect and an important issue....It is amazing that others are not experiencing this issue and up in arms over it. I must be one of very few users who have monthly recurring split transactions and utilizing the mobile app??
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Rad said:
    and utilizing the mobile app??
    This is the key part of the statement.  After all the reports of trash data files from people using Sync to Mobile/Web there isn't a SuperUser that will touch it other than in a data file used for testing (which means infrequent use.)
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • agraseck
    agraseck Member
    I just discovered the same problem. I am NOT using the mobile version. I use the desktop version. Most of my old paychecks, painstakingly set up as a split transactions with taxes, 401k, HSA, etc are now suddenly just "gross wages". I noticed this when my HSA balance went negative because suddenly 2 years worth of contributions disappeared.
  • Rad
    Rad Member ✭✭
    We have the same issue. All my previously split categorized transactions were reduced to one category. I don’t have all of the details anymore to recreate all of these.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    If this paychecks entered into the account then that has been widely reported to have hit several people.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7861045/r22-12-broke-paycheck-function-still-broke-after-r29-xx/p7
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/