I cannot connect to Bank of America accounts

I have deactivated my Bank of America accounts per prior help desk articles. When I attempt to reestablish them using the add account method, Quicken asks for bank logon and password then goes to to a "finding accounts" routine. However this routine loops. I have let it run for up to 30 minutes without and completion. I tried restoring an earlier backup and get the same result with a message that the accounts have been deleted and I need to reestablish using Add account.
Tagged:

Best Answer

  • Bill614
    Bill614 Member
    Accepted Answer
    I repaired my version of Quicken with the latest update to 34.24. The connection to the bank worked, also with two requests for code send to my cell. problem resolved.

Answers

  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "When I attempt to reestablish them using the add account method..."
    Not sure this is entirely relevant to your problem, but the typical process after deactivating an Account from downloading is to re-enable downloading in the same Quicken Account.  Why are you going the "add account" route when the Account is already established in Quicken?
  • Bill614
    Bill614 Member
    The prior help desk articles suggested this method. I downloaded the latest Quicken versionR34.24 and the problem cleared up -- after two passes through finding the accounts and linking to existing Quicken accounts. Problem solved until the next time.
  • bobbyrab
    bobbyrab Windows Beta Beta
    As I have posted previously, I am having on going problems connecting to my BofA accounts as well. I get to the point where Quicken requested the phone number for the two factor authorization but I never get the text message on my phone. Interestingly, when I go to the BofA website, I see a slew of alerts saying that the bank has sent out the authorization codes. Hmmm...

    Quicken asked me to contact support but I am traveling and will do so when I return home.
  • Bill614
    Bill614 Member
    Accepted Answer
    I repaired my version of Quicken with the latest update to 34.24. The connection to the bank worked, also with two requests for code send to my cell. problem resolved.
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @bobbyrab - if the BOA website is saying they sent a code but you are not receiving it, that has nothing to do with Quicken.  Can I suggest checking your settings at the BOA website / OLB to confirm that the correct phone number is listed with BOA - I suspect that may be the problem
  • bobbyrab
    bobbyrab Windows Beta Beta
    Hi Mark, yes, I checked that out of course and the phone number is indeed correct. Thanks.
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    did you call BofA and ask them about this? (800 number on the back of your debit card)
  • bobbyrab
    bobbyrab Windows Beta Beta
    I happen to believe that the issue is on Quicken's end with the C-929 error showing up when I immediately try to connect. I will contact Quicken support when my travels end.

  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @bobbyrab but if you can see that BOA has confirmed they sent the text, but you are not receiving it on your phone, why is that an Quicken issue?  isn't that between BofA and your smartphone? 
  • bobbyrab
    bobbyrab Windows Beta Beta
    Not at all Mark; my belief is that because BofA has acknowledged through their alert that the text HAS been sent out and Quicken has not received it, the issue is on Quicken's side.

  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 21
    @bobbyrab -..... I thought the way it works is that text code is received in two places: your cellphone AND Quicken.  But you enter the code received on the cellphone into Quicken to authenticate..... if you are not even receiving it on your cellphone, that issue is between BofA and you...... 
  • bobbyrab
    bobbyrab Windows Beta Beta
    I would like to report that this issue has miraculously resolved itself without any outside help or additional adjustments. Very odd but I am happy!