Error Code OL-334-A

I got this error code for one of my check/savings account, Mountain America CU. My desktop Quicken application was able to log on by Direct Connect until today.
I contacted Mountain America CU this morning and they said my account is not locked out. I am able to log on to Mountain America CU's web site and do activities with my account with no problem. The representative said this must be an issue with Quicken

I believe this issue started with the Quicken App. I tried a number of times to check my accounts with the app but the Mountain America CU's accounts say there is a Connectivity Issue to swipe and fix. Each time I entered the proper credentials with no success. As it stands now I am unable to update these accounts with my Quicken desktop application.

Windows 10 Quicken R34.24 Build 27.1.34.24

Comments

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have not already done so, you might want to read the following Support article: When Using Online Services: OL-334 [Support Article].
    One thing this article does not mention is that when FIs lock out account access that the lock will often be automatically removed after 24 hrs.  I usually do not escalate issues unless they still exist 2-3 days later simply because the passage of a little time seems to auto-resolve many of them.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• rwmol
    rwmol Member ✭✭✭
    Boatnmaniac. Good point. I will try again tomorrow and report back.
  • rwmol
    rwmol Member ✭✭✭
    Boatnmaniac. The error is there this morning. Perhaps we should wait a couple of more days.
  • rwmol
    rwmol Member ✭✭✭
    Boatnmaniac. I'm pleased to announce that my Mountain America CU accounts updated this morning. Thanks for your help.
  • rwmol
    rwmol Member ✭✭✭
    Boatnmaniac. I do want to point out that I tried to update my accounts with the Mobile App. It failed to connect to my Mountain America CU accounts. It's my belief that trying to connect with the Mobile App multiple times with the app locked me out of my accounts. Therefore I have removed the Mobile App from my mobile devices. Too bad because it was useful to check different transaction away from my desktop.
    Randy
  • Boatnmaniac
    @rwmol - Thanks for the update.  I am glad you can now update your accounts with your computer.
    Regarding the Mobile App: Sometimes the Cloud Account which is used to sync Mobile with the computer gets out of whack.  It could be that is what happened when you were trying to update your accounts with Mobile.  You might want to try the following to see if you can once, again, use Mobile with your CU:
    Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web > Sync = On > Reset your cloud data > yes > Reset.  This will delete the data on your Cloud Account and then will set it up, again.  Then try setting up/syncing your CU in Mobile again and see if you can once again update your accounts with it.
    Let me know if this fixes the Mobile issue for you.  If not, there is one more option that can be used to restore that Mobile functionality for your CU.

• rwmol
    rwmol Member ✭✭✭
    Boatnmaniac. Thanks for the reply. I tried that when I was locked out with no success, of course. Now that I am able to log in with Direct Connect I will try to reset my Cloud data again and try the Mobile App. I'm a little hesitant to do it today because I have tried to update with the Mobile app once today. I don't know what the threshold at the Credit Union is for log in failures. I will try tomorrow.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited July 2021
    @rwmol - OK, sometimes resetting the Cloud does not work.  Hopefully, when you try Mobile tomorrow it will work OK.  If it does, then maybe this was all just an issue at the CU and it is now all resolved.
    If it does not work, the only only suggestion I have would be to Delete the Cloud Account.  If you need some help on how to do that, let me know and i can walk you through it.

• rwmol
    rwmol Member ✭✭✭
    Boatnmaniac. Yesterday I logged out of the Quicken app. This morning I opened Quicken on my desktop, reset the Cloud Data and did an update. All went well. All accounts updated with no errors. I logged on the the Mobile app and after it auto updated I still have the connectivity issue with my bank accounts. Perhaps my cloud data should be deleted and reinstalled.
    Randy
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited July 2021
    @rwmol - Yes, sometimes the Reset does not fix a cloud account data or sync issue.  When it does not fix it then Deleting the Cloud Account usually does.  Here is how to do it:
    1. Steps 2-5 can only be done via your computer installation.
    2. Backup your data file for quick retrieval in case something goes wrong.
    3. Create a New File:  File > New File (you can name it TEST or whatever you want to...no need to add any accounts but do set it up to enable Mobile & Web).
    4. In the new file:  Edit > Preferences > Edit Preferences > Cloud ID & Cloud Accounts > Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID > click on the Cloud Account associated with your original main Quicken File name > Delete > Close > close this TEST file.  
    5. Open your original main file.  Quicken might require that you sign in with your Quicken ID and PW.  When the file is opened, your Cloud Account for the original main file will be recreated and your file and program will by synced with it. 
    6. Try updating your CU accounts with Mobile to see if the issue is resolved.
    Let me know if this fixed your issue.

• rwmol
    rwmol Member ✭✭✭
    Everything went well on your instructions. I had to start all over installing the Mobile App. The accounts had to be synced. It went quickly but I think it tried multiple times to log on to Mountain America CU. I haven't checked but I may be locked out again. I'll let you know.
  • rwmol
    rwmol Member ✭✭✭
    There was still a connectivity issue with Mountain America CU. I will try again Monday.
  • rwmol
    rwmol Member ✭✭✭
    Boatnmaniac. I updated my Quicken desktop and all updated fine. I logged on to my Quicken Mobile and I still have the connectivity issue with Mountain America CU. I will say one thing. The same connectivity issue I had for ages with the U.S. Bank accounts was fixed with your Cloud delete process. Any suggestions from here?
  • Boatnmaniac
    rwmol said:
    Boatnmaniac. I updated my Quicken desktop and all updated fine. I logged on to my Quicken Mobile and I still have the connectivity issue with Mountain America CU. I will say one thing. The same connectivity issue I had for ages with the U.S. Bank accounts was fixed with your Cloud delete process. Any suggestions from here?
    Well, how about that...we fixed a problem without even specifically addressing it!  Are we good or are we good?!?  :smiley:
    Are you getting an error code when you use Mobile to update Mountain American CU?

• rwmol
    rwmol Member ✭✭✭
    Boatnmaniac. I don't get a error code. Both Mountain America CU accounts say the is a connectivity iss and to swipe to fix. When I swipe to fix, it asks for my log in credentials. When I enter the correct credentials it say unable to connect.
  • rwmol
    rwmol Member ✭✭✭
    Boatnmaniac. I think we are about to bring this thread to an end. My connectivity issue on the Quick app still exists. The only positive is when the app updates is provides the transaction that are entered for Mountain America CU in the register of Quicken on my desktop. So, as long as the I can see the transactions I'm okay with that. Perhaps somewhere down the line the issue might be corrected but I'm not going any further with it. As long as I don't update the app more than once a day I should no long get locked out. I appreciate all the help. We've done what we could.
    Randy
  • Boatnmaniac
    @rwmol - Sorry for not replying yesterday.  I was tied up in some personal matters and wasn't able to participate much in this forum. 
    I do not use Mobile myself so my troubleshooting knowledge of it is rather rudimentary and what I've already communicated is about the extent of it for me.  FWIW, I have seen a couple of other posts over the last week or so saying they are experiencing what sounds to be a similar issue.  But I have not seen any resolution in those other posts because the original person posting stopped responding.  So maybe there is something going on with the software or connection process but I just don't know.
    At least we got the desktop installation to connect properly, again, so that is a win.  If you want to get Mobile connecting properly, again, then maybe it is time to contact Quicken Support (https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support).

• rwmol
    rwmol Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your help. Should thinks change, I'll post back to this thread.
This discussion has been closed.