One Step Update & Mobile Sync Duplicating Accounts [edited]

Options
One step update and sync are duplicating my accounts, how do I fix this. Windows 10 and current quicken deluxe version

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you for the additional information.

To clarify; when you are prompted to sign in using your user ID and password, are you referring to your login credentials with your bank, or your Quicken ID and password?

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• walnutstck
    walnutstck Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Login credentials from my bank. When I first started using Quicken my bank credentials consisted of an account access number and a password. A few years ago I changed the access number for a valid user ID after my bank was hacked by hackers and at their request. It worked well until this January when I was hacked again. The bank still retains my access number for validation purposes. But since January after making changes to my accounts IE: account numbers, and login ID and passwords it has corrupted the way mobile and web sync and one step update operate. When I downloaded by using express web connect this morning it changed my user id to my access number and duplicated by checking account by requiring me to sign in with my bank credentials. It updated the account with the access number and did not update my account with the bank credentials. As I stated I am not offered the choice of canceling one step update nor turn it off. This has been ongoing on for 2-3 months now. As I delete or deactivate the bad account it does nothing to resolve the issue. Is their anyway quicken can look at this from the cloud data base and come up with a solution.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Options
    Hello @walnutstck,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Also, do you use the Quicken Cloud Sync to access your data from the Quicken Mobile app and/or the Quicken on the Web app, or do you solely use the desktop program?

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• walnutstck
    walnutstck Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am using Quicken Deluxe, version R33.24. I have 1 checking account, 1 savings account, 2 credit card accounts and 2 loan accounts. I download transactions daily from my checking account. When I do I use my user Id and password setup from the bank. I have disabled mobile and web sync. I do not start one step update. While downloading it starts one step update wanting me to insert my user id and password, which I do then I go through two step validation. This process is not started by me. It is controlled through the quicken software. What occurs next is all six of my accounts will be renamed and the bank accounts and the new accounts are posted in quicken. The new accounts do not match my original accounts. I go and use the account list and follow the steps to deactivate them and delete them every day. I have consulted with bank and they can not help me. What do I have to do, uninstall quicken and start over or is there another way. To answer your question I soley use the banks download. I have not found away to stop or disable one step update.
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you for the additional information.

To clarify; when you are prompted to sign in using your user ID and password, are you referring to your login credentials with your bank, or your Quicken ID and password?

-Quicken Anja

• walnutstck
    walnutstck Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Login credentials from my bank. When I first started using Quicken my bank credentials consisted of an account access number and a password. A few years ago I changed the access number for a valid user ID after my bank was hacked by hackers and at their request. It worked well until this January when I was hacked again. The bank still retains my access number for validation purposes. But since January after making changes to my accounts IE: account numbers, and login ID and passwords it has corrupted the way mobile and web sync and one step update operate. When I downloaded by using express web connect this morning it changed my user id to my access number and duplicated by checking account by requiring me to sign in with my bank credentials. It updated the account with the access number and did not update my account with the bank credentials. As I stated I am not offered the choice of canceling one step update nor turn it off. This has been ongoing on for 2-3 months now. As I delete or deactivate the bad account it does nothing to resolve the issue. Is their anyway quicken can look at this from the cloud data base and come up with a solution.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @walnutstck

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

The Described behavior can be caused by multiple things, as such we would recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. They'll be able to check what exactly could be causing the issue with you and also check logs. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• walnutstck
    walnutstck Member ✭✭
    Options
    I was able to contact support this morning. After installing update R34:24 and talking with support we were able to resolve my issues. I am now now back to normal. Thank you very much.