Transactions at Merrill Lynch download no longer showing up in Quicken Premier.

Noticed that transactions were no longer showing up when I downloaded account data from ML website last week. Last transaction recorded in Quicken was on 7/9/2021. (Updated Quicken to Premier Ver R34.20 Build 27.1.34.20 on 7/12/2021). Error Code OL-362-A "Your financial institution has downloaded data for an account that does not exist in your Quicken data file". The suggested the remedy for this error code I found online. Basically requiring me to de-activate and then reactivate each account in Quicken. Quicken shows all ML accounts are not activated for downloads. When I try to activate One Step Update, for ML accounts, the pop-up window shows the ML accounts but the "Action" column shows "Do not add to Quicken" for each account. I can't edit or change anything in this window. If I push "Next", the window closes

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @rotermant,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, could you please try reactivating the accounts through Add Account (not through Set Up Now)?

To reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. If successful, please be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• rotermant
    rotermant Member ✭✭
    Perhaps I was unclear in my initial description. When I try to add account, Quicken connects to ML and lists my accounts. The pop-up window shows the ML accounts but the "Action" column shows "Do not add to Quicken" for each account. I can't edit or change anything in this window. If I push "Next", the window closes with no other effect.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @rotermant

Thank you for your response and clarifying details. Would you be able to let us know what instance you are using for Merrill Lynch? Also, what connection method are you attempting to use? 

Once more details are provided we can move forward with diagnosing the issue at hand. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • rotermant
    rotermant Member ✭✭
    I download a file (QuickenWin_xxxx.qfx) of recent transactions from my accounts on the Merrill Lynch site. When I open the file I get the following >> Error Code OL-362-A "Your financial institution has downloaded data for an account that does not exist in your Quicken data file". This first occurred immediately after I updated to Quicken Premier Ver R34.20 Build 27.1.34.20. Let me know if further detail is required. Thanks
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @rotermant

Thanks for the update and letting us know additional details. I'm wondering if we might need to deactivate the account inside of Quicken then try importing the file again. This should give us a better idea of where the issue is. I'll leave steps on how to do so down below.

First we'll try deactivating all of the accounts for the affected FI. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Once you've done this try importing the QFX file again it should give you the option to add as new or to link to an existing account inside of your file. 

Once you've had the chance to try this let us know if we're able to make progress on getting reconnected. From there we'll see what our next steps are.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• rotermant
    rotermant Member ✭✭
    Thank you for trying to help. When I try the steps to Deactivate the accounts, The Pop-up window shows them all as "NO" in the "Transaction Download" column. When I click on "activate download", A window opens (Activate One Step Update) that asks that I log into Merrill Lynch. After that, the the "Activate One Step Update" window displays all my ML accounts, but the "action' column shows "Don't add to Quicken" for each account. The names/numbers of the accounts all coincide with info in Quicken and Merrill. When I click on the "Next" button, the window closes with no change. Importing the QFX file results in the Error Code OL-362-A "Your financial institution has downloaded data for an account that does not exist in your Quicken data file"
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the update. I am interested that it does this. I'm wondering if we might need to try to see if we need to redo their online sign in again so that it's able to connect to the ML servers again. To start we'll want to sign into the ML website using a specific link they provide. I'll leave the link down below. 

https://olui2.fs.ml.com/login/signin.aspx

Once we've done that we'll want to try signing in again then relinking the accounts. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so.

https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216277

Once you get the chance let us know if this helps get the accounts downloaded and connected again.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • rotermant
    rotermant Member ✭✭
    Thank you again for your patience.The problem I am having stems from Quicken not being able to open a .qfx file of recent transactions that I download from the ML website . I have done this many, many times in the past, successfully...The error <Code OL-362-A "Your financial institution has downloaded data for an account that does not exist in your Quicken data file"> only started to show up after I updated Quicken to Premier Ver R34.20 Build 27.1.34.20. Nothing else changed. Coincidence??

When I try to open again older .qfx files that I downloaded and opened successfully in the past, I get the same error now. This leads me to think that something has changed in my Quicken data file... (accounts don't exist?). I see all the accounts in Quicken just as in the past. I have updated to Quicken to Premier Ver R34.24 Build 27.1.34.24 last week with no change to my problem.

NOTE: I have no problem with the One Step Update feature. Price updates occur as before.

As to the remedial action you have suggested>>>

I have tried to do this many times, with no success. I have no problem connecting to the ML servers. As I stated in my previous comments, at Step 4, the "Add Account" window finds/displays all my ML accounts, but the "Action' column shows "Don't add to Quicken" for each account shown. Why would this be displayed? The names/numbers of the accounts all coincide with info in Quicken and at Merrill. I am prevented from doing anything on this page, nothing can be edited or changed, except pushing the "Next" button.

I also ran the "Validate" tool to correct possible errors the Quicken data file. Nothing found.

I appreciate your continued interest is solving this issue.
  • rotermant
    rotermant Member ✭✭
    The attachment below displays the screen I get at "Step 4"
  • rotermant
    rotermant Member ✭✭
    Any other suggestions??
  • rotermant
    rotermant Member ✭✭
    I now suspect that my quicken file is corrupted. When I created a clean "Test" file and linked my ML accounts to it, all transactions downloaded correctly with no error message. Any suggestions on how to examine/validate and best repair my file?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @rotermant,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and for not having received a follow-up response yet.
    rotermant said:
    I now suspect that my quicken file is corrupted. When I created a clean "Test" file and linked my ML accounts to it, all transactions downloaded correctly with no error message. Any suggestions on how to examine/validate and best repair my file?
    I know you mentioned prior that you have tried validating your data file already, however, if you haven't yet, next, I suggest you try super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• rotermant
    rotermant Member ✭✭
    I am sorry to say that the problem persists. I am trying to restore to an old back up file to see if I can find a "clean point".
  • rotermant
    rotermant Member ✭✭
    Progress! I found a backup I made on 7/12/2021 just prior to updating to Quicken Premier Ver R34.20 Build 27.1.34.20. When I load this file into Quicken, I can download transactions from ML with no error messages. So I think my file got "corrupted" somehow during or soon after that update. I did not notice any other issues at that time, only a week or so later when I tried to download transactions again.
This discussion has been closed.