Cloud Sync error message.

Options
tomcchau
tomcchau Member ✭✭
For the past couple months I've been getting this message after each Cloud Sync attempt.
"The tag " " was not synced. Parameter name must be greater than 1 character(s)." I've tried resetting my cloud account multiple times. My transactions seem to be uploading but today, I just noticed that the last sync date is way back on May 1. Please help!! Thanks.

Best Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @tomcchau,

Thank you for your response. I would recommend signing out completely from your Quicken program, validate, then sign back in and attempt to resync. 

To sign out select Edit (top left corner) >Preferences >Quicken ID & Cloud accounts >Sign in as a different user. Afterward, type yes and click sign out. 

To validate your file select File (top left corner) >Validate & Repair file. From there simply check the first box (validate file) and click ok. 

After your file validates/repairs, a data log Notepad will appear. It is not necessary to save it, simply close it. Sign back in and attempt to resync your dataset. 

Additionally, check the tag list to ensure that the tag(s) are entered in properly. You can do this by selecting Tools >Tag list. 

Please attempt the troubleshooting steps above and lets us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma 

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @tomcchau

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your sync. Since you've already tried resetting the cloud a couple of times we'll try a different step. We'll want to remake the dataset. To do this we'll need to delete our existing dataset. 

To start off we'll want to create a new file. You can do this by going across the top to file > new > Select a name > Don't use mobile and web > add account. From there you'll want to follow the article down below on how to delete datasets. (You don't need to add any accounts)

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

Once you've deleted the dataset you should be able to go back to your file by going across the top to file > 2 (File Name/Location).  You'll want to cloud sync again and you can go that by going across the top to mobile & web > Cloud Sync.

Once you've had the chance to do so let us know if you're able to get the cloud synced with no errors. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Options
    Hello @tomcchau

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having difficulties with syncing properly. Before suggesting any troubleshooting steps I need a few more details. Could you let me know what version of Quicken you are using? Do you have more than one dataset? 

To check the version being used select Help >About Quicken. 

Once further details are provided we can move forward with diagnosing and troubleshooting as needed. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • tomcchau
    tomcchau Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi. Thank you for your response. I'm Using Quicken Deluxe Version R34.24.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @tomcchau,

Thank you for your response. I would recommend signing out completely from your Quicken program, validate, then sign back in and attempt to resync. 

To sign out select Edit (top left corner) >Preferences >Quicken ID & Cloud accounts >Sign in as a different user. Afterward, type yes and click sign out. 

To validate your file select File (top left corner) >Validate & Repair file. From there simply check the first box (validate file) and click ok. 

After your file validates/repairs, a data log Notepad will appear. It is not necessary to save it, simply close it. Sign back in and attempt to resync your dataset. 

Additionally, check the tag list to ensure that the tag(s) are entered in properly. You can do this by selecting Tools >Tag list. 

Please attempt the troubleshooting steps above and lets us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma 

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @tomcchau

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your sync. Since you've already tried resetting the cloud a couple of times we'll try a different step. We'll want to remake the dataset. To do this we'll need to delete our existing dataset. 

To start off we'll want to create a new file. You can do this by going across the top to file > new > Select a name > Don't use mobile and web > add account. From there you'll want to follow the article down below on how to delete datasets. (You don't need to add any accounts)

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

Once you've deleted the dataset you should be able to go back to your file by going across the top to file > 2 (File Name/Location).  You'll want to cloud sync again and you can go that by going across the top to mobile & web > Cloud Sync.

Once you've had the chance to do so let us know if you're able to get the cloud synced with no errors. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.