unable to add BBVA account to Quicken for Win (verR34.24, build 27.1.34.24)

Options
last week I created an online account for an auto loan with BBVA. I am able to logon to the web portal (www.bbvausa.com). Yet when I attempt to create a NEW account within Quicken (I choose the first option, for BBVA USA), I receive an error indicating that I need to create a Customer ID & Password. Any idea on what I need to do within Quicken to create an account for this auto loan ?
Tagged:

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Hi @bbrotschi .  I am a long time customer of BBVA (for over 20 yrs) and I have not been requested to create a new BBVA Customer ID and PW for Quicken access.  However, they do have a requirement to register Quicken before you can use Quicken to download your BBVA accounts data.  Have you registered Quicken from your computer with BBVA, yet?
    If you have not, log into your online account, click on Service Center, click on the blue link for "Quicken and QuickBooks Access Self Service" and follow the registration prompts.  Then be sure to try setting up your BBVA account in Quicken within 24 hrs of registering Quicken on BBVA using your current BBVA UserID and PW.

Did this resolve your issue?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• bbrotschi
    bbrotschi Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Boatnmaniac, thanks for your reply. I just saw your response when I was about to post an update. I was able to add my auto loan account by choosing "Simple (Now BBVA USA), instead of the BBVA USA account setup option. My existing user name / password were accepted. I do appreciate the note regarding the setting on the BBVA web site. I will check that, to make sure no other impediments exists. Kindest regards - B-
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @bbrotschi , I'm glad you got it all worked out.  It will be interesting to see what will happen with our BBVA connections once the acquisition by and merger into PNC is completed in October.  I'm pretty sure we'll need to do some sort of hoops jumping with our setups in Quicken...it always seems to be that way when mergers and acquisitions occur.  Have a great day.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)