Occasionally have to restart my PC to be able to open Quicken ?

Options
Carol
Carol Member ✭✭
Why do I occasionally have to restart my PC to be able to open my Quicken account?

Best Answer

• BTBT
    BTBT Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello Carol,

When you say 'open my Quicken account', I assume that you mean the Quicken desktop application. Is that correct? When you say occasionally, does this mean once a day or once a week/month?

If it is the desktop application then it could be a number of things. Maybe the Quicken application didn't close properly/fully from the previous time you had it open? Maybe it became a stuck process. Maybe the operating system is having issues? What version of Windows and Quicken are you using?

Usually (not always) needing to restart an operating system to get things working can indicate a stuck process or something with the operating system.

You can try opening up task manager by pressing ctrl-alt-del all at the same time and selecting task manager. When task manager comes up look in the 'Apps' section to see if there is a version of Quicken that is running already. You can kill the process by right clicking on it and selecting 'End Task'. If this is the problem then maybe it is an issue with an older version of Quicken or the Windows operating system is having issues.

Can you normally open and close the Quicken desktop application many times on your PC without issues, it is just random when the Quicken application doesn't come up?

Do you have anti-malware software running on your computer? Maybe do a full system scan with your anti-malware program?

Answers

• BTBT
    BTBT Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello Carol,

When you say 'open my Quicken account', I assume that you mean the Quicken desktop application. Is that correct? When you say occasionally, does this mean once a day or once a week/month?

If it is the desktop application then it could be a number of things. Maybe the Quicken application didn't close properly/fully from the previous time you had it open? Maybe it became a stuck process. Maybe the operating system is having issues? What version of Windows and Quicken are you using?

Usually (not always) needing to restart an operating system to get things working can indicate a stuck process or something with the operating system.

You can try opening up task manager by pressing ctrl-alt-del all at the same time and selecting task manager. When task manager comes up look in the 'Apps' section to see if there is a version of Quicken that is running already. You can kill the process by right clicking on it and selecting 'End Task'. If this is the problem then maybe it is an issue with an older version of Quicken or the Windows operating system is having issues.

Can you normally open and close the Quicken desktop application many times on your PC without issues, it is just random when the Quicken application doesn't come up?

Do you have anti-malware software running on your computer? Maybe do a full system scan with your anti-malware program?
  • Carol
    Carol Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you. It seems to be working okay now. Windows 10 did a major update so I am thinking that had something to do with it.  
This discussion has been closed.