Chase credit card not updating without reset each day

I have a Chase Sapphire credit card account and have been updating it in Quicken Mac for years. Recently, it won't update unless I reset the account first.

MacOS Big Sur 11.3.1
Quicken Deluxe 6.2.0 Build 602.38882.100

More specifically:
- I select the account update button, which runs and updates any accounts with new transactions. The Chase Sapphire account doesn't update.
- For the Chase Sapphire account, I select
- Edit settings
-Downloads
- Reset Connection
- I then go through the process of validating my credentials at the bank, and linking the account to my Quicken account for that card.
- New transactions then download properly.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Scott abbey

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue although, I apologize that you're experiencing this trouble.

I would recommend following the steps outlined here. This article does state that it's for 101/103 errors but these steps may remedy the issue that you're experiencing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • scott abbey
    scott abbey Member ✭✭
    I followed the steps outlined in the article. This morning there were no transactions download. I then reset the connection and got 8 transactions dated yesterday and today.
  • Bill Kearney
    Bill Kearney Member
    @Quicken_Tyka I have a Chase Sapphire card and having the exact same problem and I'd like to move the discussion forward since I don't see any other solutions posted on the forum. Like @Scott Abbey, I need to completely deactivate my Chase Sapphire account, and after relinking, I will get my new transactions. Resetting won't work--I have to completely deactivate/reactivate. From that point forward, when I "One Step Update" and hit Refresh, but will never get new transactions. The only way I can get new transactions is to do the complete deactivate/reactivate again. I also get no error messages. I have to deactivate the account every time. Any more troubleshooting steps to try, or is this a systemic linking problem between Quicken and Chase?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Bill Kearney

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

With the behavior you're experiencing it may be something that we'll need to take a deeper look as as it's happening consistently. As such we would recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. They'll be able to collect logs to figure out what exactly could be causing the issue you're having. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those experiencing this issue of no transactions downloading: some troubleshooting suggestions:

1) Try downloading transactions at a different time of day, such as in the early morning. Especially if you normally download in the busy evening hours. Do this without resetting the connection. If no transactions download, try again a few minutes or hours later.

2) If your connection is Direct Connect:

In the OFXLog.txt, search for the string "HTTP-200 error from server". Does this error occur each time no transactions download? Does it occur when transactions do download?

a) the error string found with this search will include a date and time stamp in UTC time zone. Be sure to subtract 4 - 7 hours for local ET - PT time.

b) a few lines before this error string in the OFXLog there will be a URL that identifies the server (financial institution) that is generating the error. It will be something like "Response from https://ofx.chase.com"

The above actions will not resolve the issue, but will provide more insight into the nature of the issue. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
This discussion has been closed.