Record Home Sale

I recently sold a home, and I would like to record the proceeds in Quicken. I have a mortgage and asset account for the home. I tried using the faq article
https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20139846#Comment_20139846
However, none of images are visible in the section regarding the home sale
https://snipboard.io/QGDsqW.jpg

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @sugargenius

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue. There was an issue on the Community website in which some images were lost. This FAQ was impacted by this issue.

I was unable to follow the process the original author outlined to be able to generate new images to restore the FAQ.  Unfortunately, the original author no longer participates in the Community and we have no other options to restore this FAQ at this time.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    HUH?   When I followed the link to your prior "Accounting Tutorial ..." thread (referenced in the OP), I saw LOTS of images.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @NotACPA

Thank you for the tag, I was able to follow the beginning portion that referenced the HUD-1 form as I was able to view the document for reference.

I was unable to follow the accounting process in the Quicken application to provide meaningful images of the tracking process from Quicken.

It was unclear to me what accounts the OP had used what information was tracked in each account without the images to reference. I thought it best to leave it as-is instead of using inaccurate images.

I hope this helps to clarify!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • arakei
    arakei Member
    to "NotACPA" : there are many version of this tutorial - would you mind sharing the link to the version you saw lots of images? I would like to get the details on setting up accounts and how to map the closing cost entries to each account or category. Thanks. :)
  • Marconi
    Marconi Member
    edited July 2021
    [Removed - Speculation/Inaccurate] 
This discussion has been closed.