Trouble downloading more than one account from same institution with different logins

I have always downloaded my accounts from PNC. Now my husband opened an account (actually 3 with virtual wallet) he has a separate login. It allows me to set up his account to download and everything works. Then the next day it won't download my accounts or his. No error, just no data is downloaded. You get see it working on it while other accounts are downloading. Then it just ends with no download. I have to deactivate my accounts and then set up again everyday in order for them to download. I've even tried not setting his up again and mine (which have worked for years) still won't download.

Best Answer

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    PNC's Virtual Wallet is incompatible with Quicken. If you look on their site, you will see the disclaimer.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @SaraMurray1971,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you save a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please follow the instructions provided below.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Thanks. I will try this tonight.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an aside, my wife and I each have accounts at Fidelity Investments, and at US Bank. My accounts have a single login and her accounts have a single (but different from mine) login.  All download without issue.
    So what you describe is a quite common situation.
    BUT, also search this forum for "Virtual Wallet" (using the search box at the top of the home page).  I vaguely recall discussions from several years ago about that product and issues using it with Q.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Tried resigning into my account. Didn't help. Turns out it's not downloading from any account other than Fifth Third and American Express. No errors, just no information downloaded.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    PNC's Virtual Wallet is incompatible with Quicken. If you look on their site, you will see the disclaimer.
  • My PNC Virtual Wallet accounts have worked until I added a 2nd virtual wallet. And now I noticed non of my other accounts are downloading. Macy, Old Navy, Lowe's, JCPenny......... nothing but Fifth Third and American Express. Nothing listed as "Express Web Connect" downloads anything. The 2 that work say "Direct Connect"
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @SaraMurray1971

Are you sure that you aren't getting any error codes - perhaps the CC-501 error message?  It is odd that you would connect, assuming there are transactions that are dated since your last download, and not either receive such transactions or receive an error code.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I mentioned the disclaimer for PNC Virtual Wallet and know it's not readily found, thought I would post it here.