can't open file after update

after the latest subscription update, my quicken file won't open. how do i restore?

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Crescent

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your file. I believe you updated to 34.15 and are experiencing issues now correct?  My first recommendation here is to perform a mondo patch to the previous patch to be able to get your file opened to start. I'll leave steps down below on the mondo patch. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

Once you install the mondo patch let us know if you're able to get back into your file. From there we'll work on getting the program updated.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• spryem
    spryem Member
    Crikey!!! Where are all my historical transactions after recent update! Quicken since about 1998 entries are gone!
  • spryem
    spryem Member
    All I have is back to 2020.
  • spryem
    spryem Member
    Cannot open file. Does not recognize password
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    spryem said:
    Cannot open file. Does not recognize password
    It appears that the two posters have a couple of different problems...
    SO.... first you said you lost historical transactions -
    Next, you can't open the file....
    What version ..... Help --> About Quicken
    Did the file have a password to access, or did it just pop up requesting a password you never setup ?
    There was an issue with the last comment... so let us know where you are at.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.