Having given up on USBank downloads, I do it manually. Now that doesn't work anymore.

Bank downloads have gradually deteriorated as banks have added multi-level security. For a very long time I've manually downloaded the data and then imported it. Now I'm getting an error that there is no internet connection (which is not true) and the bank cannot be verified. It's gotten to the point I will have to manually enter all transactions, like it was when Quicken was a new product.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @David P Engen,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We will need some additional information in order to better assist you further.

First, could you please provide the name of the financial institution you are downloading and importing data from? Also, aside from the error message received, do you also happen to receive any specific error code(s) associate with the error message that you could provide us with here, please?

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    A couple of basic questions -
    What version .... Help --> About Quicken
    What bank or brokerages are you Importing ?
    [EDIT] updated topic title to better reflect actual Q&A abut USBank

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• David P Engen
    David P Engen Member ✭✭
    Version: R34.24, Build 27.1.34.24 Windows 10 Home
    Bank is US Bank. Files are all .QFX format
    Errors: "Quicken is unable to establish an internet connection" OL-297-A
    "Quicken is unable to verify the financial institution information for this download. Please try again later."
  • David P Engen
    David P Engen Member ✭✭
    I've also tried with a similar .QFX download from Wells Fargo. I get the same error messages and have to enter all transactions manually since the automatic downloads have stopped working and now file import stopped working.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    With US Bank (and I'm their customer also) which TYPE of download are you using?  You can view this at TOOLS, Account List.
    Express Web Connect is free ... but USB has ALWAYS had problems with their implementation of EWC.
    Direct Connect cost $3.95/month for ALL (not each) of your USB accounts ... and is very reliable.
    I made the switch years ago when I got fed up with USB's implementation of  EWC.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    For what it is worth, I don't think the financial institution is contacted when you import a QFX file, instead the "verification" is with the Quicken/Intuit server to verify that it is still supported.   After all you can have an account setup for Web Connect/QFX file and never have given your log in information.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.