budget grid view - see entire year (Q Mac)

jray
jray Member
am I missing something or did Quicken [removed - profanity] remove my ability to set/edit my entire yearly budget, month by month, in a grid view.

it's now making me enter a single month/category at a time. to do so across 70-90 categories times 12 months is not worth the effort

[edited for readability]

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Yes, you're missing something. No Quicken didn't remove anything.

Click on Budgets, click on the 12-months tab, click on Edit Budget. That gives you as grid of every month and category, which you can edit however you wish. As you enter a number in any cell, Quicken pops up a menu of shortcuts to fill the other months for this category with a variety of values, including only future months, only past months, every month, every quarter; it also helps you enter a value and have it calculate that amount weekly, biweekly, monthly, or split up across every month.

Of course, you can ignore the pop up choices and just Tab through entering monthly values if you prefer.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jray
    jray Member
    edited August 2021
    correct, I figured it out. when Quicken failed to pay several bills on time early this year I downgraded to the Starter edition as my subscription was up; just realized the starter edition lacks the budget functionality of the deluxe edition. thx for the reply.
  • Would be so great to print and/or export this data as the actual vs budget reporting capability is non-existent in Quicken for Mac
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Would be so great to print and/or export this data as the actual vs budget reporting capability is non-existent in Quicken for Mac

I'm confused by your comment. You absolutely can print an export actual-versus-budget data in Quicken Mac. There are print and export icons on the right side of the screen above the column headings. 

(The significant problem with budget reporting is that the YTD column is always using the current month -- but when you export the budget, you can easily delete the current and future months and sum actual and budget totals for prior months to get a YTD comparison.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.