Unable to reconcile after download

Options
After using Quicken for many years with no problem with any of my accounts, about two weeks ago after downloading my transactions and accepting them, I tried to reconcile. I got a message that I had never downloaded transactions for this account. I have tried resetting the account but nothing I do seems to make a difference. Any suggestions?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I suspect you misread the message.
  • bife52
    bife52 Member
    Options
    No, I absolutely did not misread the message. It comes up as a box. At the top it says you have never downloaded transactions for this account. Resetting the account and starting again results in the same end result. Now I'm left with downloading transactions, taking the account off online status and reconciling to a paper statement.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bife52 said:
    No, I absolutely did not misread the message. It comes up as a box. At the top it says you have never downloaded transactions for this account. Resetting the account and starting again results in the same end result. Now I'm left with downloading transactions, taking the account off online status and reconciling to a paper statement.
    Please attach a screen capture showing the message.

Note:  You should not need to take an account off line to reconcile to a statement.
  • bife52
    bife52 Member
    Options
    The only way to access a paper statement is to take the account offline. Trying to reconcile by not downloading results in a ridiculous balance that has nothing to do with the account.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bife52 said:
    The only way to access a paper statement is to take the account offline. Trying to reconcile by not downloading results in a ridiculous balance that has nothing to do with the account.
    I suspect your Quicken file is corrupt.  I suggest you try using a Quicken file backup you saved before the corruption took place.  You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

If the issue persist, you may want to consider recreating register: save a backup, deactivate the Online Services, create a new off line register,  move the transactions, reset any the account references in the reminders and memorized payees, delete the original account, rename the new account, and setup the Online Services.  You may want to review:  FAQ: How Do I Move Transactions Between Quicken Accounts?
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @bife52 ,

Another solution, would be to start over, meaning uninstall and reinstall Quicken according to this procedure: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions

Before running CCleaner Free, use your browser and delete the Data File logs, not the Data File, itself. The logs are found with the Data File, in its folder.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754