Edward Jones - Download Error 504

I have been unable to download transaction data to my Mac for my Edward Jones accounts for over 10 days. I spent two hours on a chat with the Quicken support tech and still no solution (other than wait a few more days). I've been through all the normal reset processes (disconnect, reset, relink, etc.) to no avail. Any other advice from the forum? This is the fourth time I've had this issue over the past 8 months.

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @David Rohrer, 

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having difficulties downloading transactions. Since you have gone through some troubleshooting steps already, it would be best to try a test file. Also, could you tell me what connection method you are using?

Before creating a test file please save a backup of your current data set. To create a test file first select File >New >Start from scratch. Next, you will be prompted to add an account. Enter your financial institution and your bank credentials.

Please let us know what the results are from the test file. Whether it has error code(s) or if successfully downloaded transactions. 

Once this troubleshooting step is complete we can move forward in diagnosing the issue at hand. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • David Rohrer
    David Rohrer Member ✭✭
    I attempted the test file process as you discussed below with the same results. I had previously attempted this during my 2-hour chat session with the Quicken tech on 9 July (Ticket # 8704521). These are the same error codes I've received on my active file. I'm using "direct connect" for my Edward Jones account.
  • B_Locklear
    B_Locklear Member ✭✭
    I'm having the exact same issue. Have not been able to download from Edward Jones since 6/30. Also direct connect. I have also tried the test file approach, resetting, and disconnecting account. Once I disconnect an account, if I try to set it back up Quicken says it can't contact Edward Jones. This happens about every 6 months or so with Quicken and one of my downloaded accounts, but especially EJ. EJ support said is was all good on their end and for me to call Quicken. Any help would be appreciated but I'm getting ready to call Quicken support now.
  • B_Locklear
    B_Locklear Member ✭✭
    This is now fixed by Edward Jones. Issue was on their end and I think an SSL certificate expiration or similar. Mine downloaded fine this morning and caught up everything since 6/30.
  • David Rohrer
    David Rohrer Member ✭✭
    Mine downloaded as well... it's only a matter of time before this happens again.
  • MyKart
    MyKart Member
    It's happening again. Credentials not accepted from Quicken 6.3.0 Same credentials are accepted by EJ site in my browser. All relevant current updates applied.
  • B_Locklear
    B_Locklear Member ✭✭
    @MyKart I am still on 6.2.2 and the EJ download worked fine today. Maybe I will wait to update :(
  • Troy R
    Troy R Member
    I can't download my Edward Jones account data. I'm running on Mac OS 11.4 with Quicken Deluxe Version 6.3.0 (Build 603.40884.100). I changed my EJ password removing the special character to just alpha and numeric values. I disconnected my quicken account and tried to reconnect in the account setup setting. The error message is "incorrect customer ID or Password/PIN" "Edward Jones did not accept your login. Please Try again". I can access my EJ account via a web browser with no problems. I just can not connect with quicken version 6.3.0.
  • Troy R
    Troy R Member
    I can't download my Edward Jones account data. I'm running on Mac OS 11.4 with Quicken Deluxe Version 6.3.0 (Build 603.40884.100). I changed my EJ password removing the special character to just alpha and numeric values. I disconnected my quicken account and tried to reconnect in the account setup setting. The error message is "incorrect customer ID or Password/PIN" "Edward Jones did not accept your login. Please Try again". I can access my EJ account via a web browser with no problems. I just can not connect with quicken version 6.3.0. Is there a solution to fix the download connection? EJ will allow me to download transactions in a CVS file, but quicken won't let me import a CVS file from EJ.
  • eekfleming
    eekfleming Member ✭✭
    I am also unable to download EJ data. I have successfully logged in to the website, but still can't get Quicken to connect. No password changes, and I have 5 separate logins for various reasons. Don't want to have to change all of those.
  • Kydso2
    Kydso2 Member
    I have submitted all the files to quicken last week on the same EJ errors and still not working as of this morning. Have 6 accounts with EJ and cannot get any downloads. Reported a problem again this morning. Need a fix too track investments closely during this crazy markets times.
This discussion has been closed.