Wealthscape Investor download setup in Quicken

jim@1
jim@1 Member ✭✭
I have created a new account with Wealthscape and can't get Wealthscape to setup download. I get an "Oops we are having a problem" "Custom-0 "Error.

I am able to log into the Wealthscape website.

1) On the quicken online account setup screen it request acct number, user ID and PIN. I don't have a PIN. Do you use your PW?
2) I am selecting Wealthscape Investor as the provider. Is that correct?

I called Wealthscape and talked to tech support and they said Wealthscape does not support quicken but if I search the quicken community I see several articles with different topics but it leads me to believe some users have successfully set it up.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

Jim

Windows 10 Pro and Quicken R34.24 Subscription is current and active

Best Answers

• DMtKjVEuUxs6
    DMtKjVEuUxs6 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I recently attempted to add connection(s) to Wealthscape Investor for my EXISTING Quicken tracked accounts. Spent 4 hours on the phone with Quicken First and Second Level support. The issue was that I'd enter ID. Password, and Account Number and try to connect but it would just sit there. No Hang, just would not proceed.

Support was not able to fix my issue. We did open a NEW Quicken file and I was able to add a connect to Wealthscape so we knew that it wasn't on the DirectConnect/Wealthscape end.

Support's solution was to put investments in the new file and everything else in the original file. Nope!

What I eventually figured out on my own was:
    1) Make sure that in the Financial Institution name the "Edit Account Details" (use the gear icon in the upper right part of the Investing account register) lists "Wealthscape Investor".

2) The Account Number is correct (In my case it was a couple of letters followed by numbers). The Letters must be capitalized and remove and dashes.

3) Click OK then go back and check to make sure it took before proceeding,

4) When you go to set up online access (using Setup Download (selection by clicking on the gear), or Online Services tab in Edit Account Details) you'll need your Wealthscape ID, Password, and the Account Number you entered in #2 above. Enter those when prompted and you should be good to go.

In my case (4x), I had set up the investment accounts years earlier and the name of the Financial Institution was NOT "Wealthscape Investor". Once I got #1 & 2 corrected all proceeded normally.

HTH

Answers

• DMtKjVEuUxs6
    DMtKjVEuUxs6 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I recently attempted to add connection(s) to Wealthscape Investor for my EXISTING Quicken tracked accounts. Spent 4 hours on the phone with Quicken First and Second Level support. The issue was that I'd enter ID. Password, and Account Number and try to connect but it would just sit there. No Hang, just would not proceed.

Support was not able to fix my issue. We did open a NEW Quicken file and I was able to add a connect to Wealthscape so we knew that it wasn't on the DirectConnect/Wealthscape end.

Support's solution was to put investments in the new file and everything else in the original file. Nope!

What I eventually figured out on my own was:
    1) Make sure that in the Financial Institution name the "Edit Account Details" (use the gear icon in the upper right part of the Investing account register) lists "Wealthscape Investor".

2) The Account Number is correct (In my case it was a couple of letters followed by numbers). The Letters must be capitalized and remove and dashes.

3) Click OK then go back and check to make sure it took before proceeding,

4) When you go to set up online access (using Setup Download (selection by clicking on the gear), or Online Services tab in Edit Account Details) you'll need your Wealthscape ID, Password, and the Account Number you entered in #2 above. Enter those when prompted and you should be good to go.

In my case (4x), I had set up the investment accounts years earlier and the name of the Financial Institution was NOT "Wealthscape Investor". Once I got #1 & 2 corrected all proceeded normally.

HTH
  • jim@1
    jim@1 Member ✭✭
    Thanks. I'll follow your steps above. My concern is Wealthscape tech support told me it is not supported. I'll keep tryin.
  • DMtKjVEuUxs6
    DMtKjVEuUxs6 Member ✭✭
    > @"jim@1" said:
    > ...My concern is Wealthscape tech support told me it is not supported. I'll keep tryin.

I got a cheat sheet from my Financial Advisor this week. I just set mine up two days ago.
    Good luck!
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just following along.... here is the Quicken entry for Wealthscape - and looks like Direct Connect is supported.
    07784    07784    07784    Wealthscape Investor    https://www.wealthscapeinvestor.com/    NA    https://investor.wealthscape.com/access/investor-index.html?login    ACTIVE   
    INVESTMENT&DIRECT             

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jim@1
    jim@1 Member ✭✭
    Success! I thought I had done everything as shown above but still didn't work. This morning I tried to setup my wife's account. Since all holdings were just transferred from another brokerage to Wealthscape I just deleted all the old online setup info and re-added it. Downloaded all the "Add" transactions and everything matched. I went back to my new account I had tried. Entered the data again and it worked.

Even though Wealthscape told me it would not. I think they were taking the easy way out and get me off the phone.

DMtkjvEuUxs6 Can you post your cheat sheet or provide a link to it. May be helpful to others.

Thanks for the confirmation it does work, to keep me trying, and the tips and hints above. Without your help I may have just given up.
  • jim@1
    jim@1 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for taking the time to post the pics. I'm sure it will be helpful to others!
  • dan11
    dan11 Member ✭✭
    Was thrilled to hear that Wealthscape (NFS) has a direct connect link to Quicken. However, bot the folks that have posted here are either creating a new investment account in Quicken, or already had a direct connect link previously.

I have 4 investment accounts with years of data. When I click on "set up download" or "edit account details" (and then move to online services tab, after I enter Wealthscape Investor, Quicken immediately takes me to "Add an Account". Never a chance to link to an existing account or "go back and save'. After a few attempts I went through the process and Quicken did set up a new account linked to wealthscape direct connect. However, I haven't been able to figure out either 1) get Quicken to allow me to link to an existing account or 2) Merge the old quicken account with the new generic account it set up.
  • jaubin95
    jaubin95 Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problems. My wife and both have wealthscape accounts. My account has one account, hers has two. A few months ago, hers started acting up. Mine still works fine. I have checked all the setup fields and they are all right. I finally DELETED her accounts from quicken, against my better judgment. Of course I still can't get the setup to work, and now I have no detail at all, and no history. Any ideas here? Thanks
  • jim@1
    jim@1 Member ✭✭
    Sorry I don't have any suggestions except the above info. Mine has been working fine since I finaly got it set up
  • dlklu
    dlklu Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Mine worked fine for a while and then everything stopped. [Removed-Disruptive]
This discussion has been closed.