Reconciliation doesn't seem to be working

Options
Once I do the update to my accounts via WebConnect - the system comes back and says there is nothing to reconcile however, there are several cleared items. Just started happening in the past few weeks. Anyone else having these issues?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: FAQ: How does Quicken determine which transactions qualify for a reconcile?
  • Feb0593
    Feb0593 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks but these are on the statements and marked as cleared but then the system states that there is nothing to reconcile when I have a bunch of c's (cleared). To me the system should then change them to R's and it no longer does!
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Feb0593 said:
    Thanks but these are on the statements and marked as cleared but then the system states that there is nothing to reconcile when I have a bunch of c's (cleared). To me the system should then change them to R's and it no longer does!
    Have you compared the transaction's Posting Date to the reconcile's Ending Date?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It sounds like you are actually using Express Web Connect (Web Connect is downloading and importing a QFX file), and that you are reconciling to the online balance and have automatic reconcile on.

As stated in @Sherlock's link Quicken reconciles to the "Ending Statement Date".  In the case of reconciling to the online balance that is the date that was provided with that online balance.  It the Online Balance Date isn't updating then in fact your transactions are "in the future" in reference to that date.

The Online Balance date not being updated has been reported as a problem for some financial institutions/people for quite some time now.

If you turn off reconciling to the Online Balance then when you start a reconcile (Ctrl+R) the dialog will show what the Online Balance date is:

To turn off reconciling to the Online Balance:
    Right click on the account name in the Account bar and select Edit/Delete account, and then select the Online Services tab and then deselect: "Reconcile using online balance", and select OK.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Feb0593
    Feb0593 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just having too many issues between PFFCU and Quicken.