Why not have a placeholder?

Options
Everyday I go through and read the posts for that day. Sometimes I'll find one on page 4, open it read it and maybe save it. Then when I hit the back arrow it takes me back to page one, and I have to page through to get back where I was. Why doesn't it just go back to the last opened page instead of all the way back to the most current post where I must move ahead to where I was?

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I remember having this problem in the past, but I haven't had the problem in quite some time.  I use MS Edge.  But I have had times where I jump down a rabbit hole from link to link and using the back button doesn't get me back to where I want (at least not quick enough).  So basically what I do is whenever I'm going to start going down a link like that, instead of clicking on it, I right click an open it in another tab.  That way I never lose exactly were I am.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Options
    The lowest level categories in the forum have RSS feeds attached to them.  I set up a RSS reader in a browser for those categories that I am interested (generally Q-Win).  The reader shows me every new post in those categories.  If I comment on a post, I have it setup to send me an email, so I get stuff two ways, but the RSS feeds allow me to see the title and the text body, if I'm interested in it, I click on it and it opens in a browser window, if not, I delete it.
    You might look into using the RSS feeds and forgo having to scroll thru the new stuff and have the issue you have with the forum's design.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Works ok for me.  On my iPad the back arrow takes me back to the page 4 listing not to page 1. And I think it works right on my Windows computers.  It might start over it you opened a post from doing a search.  Or where are you starting from?  I use this bookmark  https://community.quicken.com/discussions

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No search, just start at latest post continue through to the older ones, find one, read it, then hit back arrow when finished reading that one, then try to go back where I was when I read it, but end up back on the latest post on page 1. No Biggy just inconvenient. thanks!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I remember having this problem in the past, but I haven't had the problem in quite some time.  I use MS Edge.  But I have had times where I jump down a rabbit hole from link to link and using the back button doesn't get me back to where I want (at least not quick enough).  So basically what I do is whenever I'm going to start going down a link like that, instead of clicking on it, I right click an open it in another tab.  That way I never lose exactly were I am.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.