Edward Jones

I am consistently getting "we apologize for the inconvenience but we are unable to connect to the Quicken Servers at this time. Do not contact Edward Jones..." I sent a help ticket with no response! What am I paying for? What a mess!

Best Answer

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Spark568490

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. We are aware that there are several users experiencing a CC-501 error. It is being worked on but there is no ETA on a fix at the moment. However, I do encourage attempting to run an update in 48hrs. Again I apologize for the confusion and inconvenience this has caused. 

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not having any issues downloading from EJ but when I do, if I login to their website to re-establish the IP address I am using (EJ uses your IP address as part of their security process) then try One Step Update again, it works.
    So, try logging into the EJ website to see if it helps.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Nope didn't work but thanks for the suggestion
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What error number is Quicken showing with the message?

• CC-501
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    CC-501 implies that you have an Express Web Connect connection.
    EJ supports Direct Connect, so you need to disable One Step Update for all of your EJ accounts and re-establish as Direct Connect.

The next screen asks for account sign-in info, so I'll stop here except to say that when Quicken asks, you want to link (not add) the EJ accounts to the existing Quicken accounts.

• Did all that. Get an error message saying my Quicken Log in is the same as the bank
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Spark568490

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. We are aware that there are several users experiencing a CC-501 error. It is being worked on but there is no ETA on a fix at the moment. However, I do encourage attempting to run an update in 48hrs. Again I apologize for the confusion and inconvenience this has caused. 

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You must have not changed the connection to Direct Connect because the CC-501 error is an Express Web Connect connection issue.  Have you checked with EJ to ensure that they have turned on your ability to download?

• Thank you for your help. There is a message from Quicken that this is a problem being addressed.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you missed the point of my last comment, EWC as a download method stinks, you really want to change to Direct Connect and have less issues.

• Will set it up that way for sure. I am also ✔the simple investing option. Could that have anything to do with it?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple Investing only tracks the totals of each security, if that is what you want, I can't advise you further since I track the purchases at the lot level (individual transactions) and have no idea on how SI works.

• K Savage
    K Savage Member ✭✭
    > @splasher said:
    > I am not having any issues downloading from EJ but when I do, if I login to their website to re-establish the IP address I am using (EJ uses your IP address as part of their security process) then try One Step Update again, it works.So, try logging into the EJ website to see if it helps.

I have to do this every time to update my Edward Jones account in Quicken. Fortunately, I only have one security with them with the rest and Fidelity and e-Trade. Never have a problem with updating accounts from the latter. Edward Jones needs to get with it...just sayin'.
This discussion has been closed.