register updates not working. update summary shows correct amount. Register does not update

I select a specific account. I then click on transactions, update now, in the top right of the window. The update performs and says complete. But the account never updates with the correct amount. I go to tools, onestep update summary, and it shows the correct amounts in my accounts. So it looks like the download is working but for some reason it never updates the accounts. This is happening on 3 accounts. They were recently changed by my bank. They closed the old ones and opened new ones. But I went in and selected downloads for them all and went through the process of activating the ability to connect through web express.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    HI @rjschaeffer,

I'm sorry that you are having issues connecting with your accounts.  Is it possible that you have your accounts setup to automatically accept downloaded transactions?  it could be that that setting may be part of the problem.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• RichJS
    RichJS Member ✭✭
    Where is this setting?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The setting is as follows:

Go to "Preferences" > "Downloaded Transactions" >

and in the right hand panel - look at settings for "After downloading transactions"

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Frankx said:
    HI @rjschaeffer,

I'm sorry that you are having issues connecting with your accounts.  Is it possible that you have your accounts setup to automatically accept downloaded transactions?  it could be that that setting may be part of the problem.

Frankx
    I'm not really following how this would be the problem, unless this was in an investment account.

If you look at Quicken does for downloading of transactions the process is like this for non automatic transaction entry mode.
    1. Import transactions into a "buffer area", which they call the Online Center.
    2. When the user selects the account show the transactions in the Downloaded Transactions tab.
    3. The user selected the transactions in the Downloaded Transactions tab and accepts them into the register.
    For automatic transaction entry mode it is:
    1. Import transactions into a "buffer area", which they call the Online Center.
    2. After all the downloading is done go through each register and push the transactions into the register (with New or New Match as the status).
    From all the problems I have ever seen where transactions didn't show up in the Downloaded Transactions tab or in the register for automatic transaction mode it was believed that they were "stuck" in the Online Center.

I searched for that article, but couldn't find it.  I believe it was like go to the Online Center, select the financial institution, and Compare to Register.  In my searching I also saw someone mention that it would be a good idea to run validate and repair.

And just for completeness.  There is a problem with automatic transaction entry mode with investment accounts.  If the transaction to download needs to "ask a question" like it found a "near match" the user will not get the transaction in the register and has to switch back to non automatic transaction entry mode so that they can see that "stuck/questionable" transaction in the Downloaded Transactions tab that isn't being shown.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/