Issue w/update transactions

Options
Why, when I select "Update Transactions" do I receive a number of transactions that have already been downloaded, entered and even reconciled?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please provide more details.

What edition level (Starter Edition, Deluxe, etc.), version and release of Quicken are you using? Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to determine year/version and release.  You must be on the latest release (patch) level for your supported Quicken Subscription version. If you're missing patches, update your software first.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?
    What error codes, error messages, symptoms do you get?
    What bank(s) are you having issues with?
    What account types (checking, savings, etc.) are you having issues with?
    Does this problem occur when you run One Step Update from your desktop or when you initiate a download using the Quicken Mobile App or Quicken on the Web?
    What have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

• Frank13
    Frank13 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Sorry for my delay in responding to you, July was crazy at home here. Here are my responses to your questions:
    I am using Premier
    Version R34.24. Build 27.1.34.24
    Recent patches and updates installed
    Using Windows 10 Home
    No error messages received, just duplicate entries with each Update.
    I use Bank of America checking and savings; but issue occurs mostly when I try to update recent transactions associated with my CitiBank CC.
    This situation occurs when I use my desktop, I never use my mobile app for downloading Quicken data
    I only delete the duplicates, that is not a solution, just a correction.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated. This occurs on a regular basis and is annoying. The duplicates show up as “cleared” entries and match up with previously “reconciled “ entries.

Thank you
  • Frank13
    Frank13 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your response. Interesting, but not sure if it applies to my issue. I have added the “downloaded Id” and am checking the entries. I thought the id was unique to each individual downloaded transaction. I have found a number of exact Id numbers for different transactions that seem to be downloaded together in groups of 2,3, 5 or even 1. Who generates the id#’s? Quicken or the sending bank?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Frank13 said:
    Thanks for your response. Interesting, but not sure if it applies to my issue. I have added the “downloaded Id” and am checking the entries. I thought the id was unique to each individual downloaded transaction. I have found a number of exact Id numbers for different transactions that seem to be downloaded together in groups of 2,3, 5 or even 1. Who generates the id#’s? Quicken or the sending bank?
    There are two possible sources for the Downloaded ID (aka FITID).  If you're using the Web Connect or Direct Connect connection method, the FITID is generated but financial institution.  If you're use the Express Web Connect connection method, the FITID may be generated either by the financial institution or an Intuit Express Web Connect server.

The case with the same transaction appearing twice with the same FITID is covered in the link provided earlier:

If Quicken is truly importing transactions into a register with identical FITID fields, I suspect the FITID index for the register has been corrupted.  You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows