Does anyone ever have an issue after downloading transactions - not able to ACCEPT them ?

Options
I periodically have an issue where i am unable to accept downloaded transactions. I select individually or select all, accept and then slight pause but the transactions haven't been added. My solution is to close quicken, reopen and then accept. I obviously shouldn't have to do that. I've worked with support a couple of times but it always involves a restart so i don't believe the issue is being resolved.

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would suggest validating the data file for possible data corruption. File>Validate and Repair File
  • FrielJames1960
    FrielJames1960 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I go that route every 3 to 4 times this happens. It takes a long time with the number of transactions and accounts i have. I was on the phone with Quicken today, not for the first time. I did validate but it was after he had me reboot the machine and restart quicken.
  • FrielJames1960
    FrielJames1960 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I should also add that i am able to accept transactions initially and then it stops working.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you leave Quicken open all the time, or does this happen somewhere through a session that you just started?
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • FrielJames1960
    FrielJames1960 Member ✭✭
    Options
    i generally leave it open all the time. Only closing if i reboot, when i have this issue or investment transactions don't download.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i generally leave it open all the time. Only closing if i reboot, when i have this issue or investment transactions don't download.
    Well this one reason that I don't do that (keep programs other than say my email open all the time).  In a perfect world all programs would properly clean up all the resources they use, but in reality that isn't true especially for an old program like Quicken.

So what happens is overtime these "orphaned" resources start causing problems.  And basically about the only thing that you can really do is restart every once in a while.  The developers might be able to do some things to help, but it is doubtful that they would ever clear up all such issues.
    Signature:
  • FrielJames1960
    FrielJames1960 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I reboot my machine at least once a week as part of good hygiene. Your point is well taken it's probably why i don't have the problem more often and it's ultimately what i end up doing to correct the issue. Thanks for taking time to respond
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would, with any fragile software such as Quicken, make sure to use it and close it - to clean up any bad things....

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You know it is ironic that for Unix/Linux machines, especially servers, there is a sort of "competition" of how long a given machine has been up.  And we are talking many years here for the longest running ones.

But for Window you probably can't go past a month where it will want to reboot because of an update.
    Signature:
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris_QPW said:
    You know it is ironic that for Unix/Linux machines.....
    I had a mainframe OS "memory leak"  that had an IBM fix, but we couldn't install on our system for a couple of reasons.
    SO - we had to reboot (IPL) the mainframe on a schduled basis to clear up the memory leak and the problems that it would cause if left unchecked.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10