Downloading transactions from Wesbanco is not working

After the recent update of the Wesbanco Website the download of transactions from Wesbanco is not working anymore. I get a message that Quicken is not able to connect to zzz-Wesbanco.com.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

After doing some further research into support between Wesbanco and Quicken; it appears that Wesbanco only offers support for Web Connect (.qfx) transaction downloads now and no longer offers automatic transaction downloads such as Express Web Connect and/or Direct Connect. Web Connect (.qfx) is a two-step download process, or also known as a "manual" download. In order to do so and apply this change successfully to your existing accounts set up in Quicken, please follow the instructions provided below.

First, deactivate all accounts associated with this financial institution:

1. Open the Account List (Ctrl + A).
    2. Make sure to Show hidden accounts (checkbox on the bottom-left corner), if that option is available.
    3. Click Edit next to each Wesbanco account (one by one).
    4. Go to the Online Services tab and click Deactivate.
    Next, set up and download transaction history for the accounts via Web Connect (.qfx):
    1. Visit and login into your account at the financial institution's online banking website.
    2. Download the Web Connect (.qfx) file (please refer to this support article and review the information found under the section titled Locate the correct file to download for guidance on finding the correct file to download at your financial institution website)
    3. Once downloaded, click Open, if prompted (or open your Quicken program and navigate to File > File Import > Web Connect (.QFX) File...)
    4. Because you previously deactivated the existing account(s) set up in Quicken, you should now receive the dialogue box shown below Click Link to an existing account, then choose the account nickname from the drop-down menu.
    5. Click Import
    Note: Since Web Connect (.qfx) is a two-step download method, please be advised that you will need to repeat the .qfx file downloading and importing process each time you update your accounts as this method does not have the ability for automatic transaction downloads via One Step Update.

I hope this helps! Let us know how it goes.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Hi @tfichtner

The "zzz-" prefix usually means that the financial institution has been removed from the list of financial institutions that participate in Quicken's downloading program.  However, a quick review of the Wesbanco website indicates that they have recently completed a "systems upgrade" with "enhanced security" features.  So it is likely those changes that have caused your issues.

I suggest that you review the new information specifically about using Quicken that is on the Wesbanco website.  Specifically the "Quicken conversion instructions" located at this LINK.

Get back to us with any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• sdgraves
    sdgraves Member ✭✭
    I'm having the exact same issue. The "Quicken conversion instructions" do not work. They do not give you the option of activating one step update after deactivating your current/previous accounts. You're prompted to "search for your financial institution", which provides three options (Wesbanco Commercial Banking, Wesbanco Consumer Banking and Bay National Bank). I've tried using both the Commercial and Consumer Banking options and both options require that you create a new account. Even if you create a new account, it's only set up for manual download. As for the third option (Bay National Bank), I'm not even sure why that shows up. It does, however, show www.wesbanco.com as its web address. However, I'm hesitant to enter my credentials into this option as I do not recognize the name/bank.
  • tfichtner
    tfichtner Member ✭✭
    I tried the intructions from the Wesbanco Website. It asks to remove the Webanco account information form the Quicken account and then to reactivate the online services. The problem is that this seems to create a new account in Quicken. At least it doesn't recognize my old account name and it doesn't let me use the old account name again. I don't want to setup a new account. I just want to reconnect my existing account.
  • WJT
    WJT Member ✭✭
    Having the same problem as others with Wesbanco banking - contacted the Wesbanco help line they have no solutions to this either. They suggested waiting several days to see if things work out. Went through the indicated steps (instructions) above but no luck on this. Before Wesbanco updated website, downloads were working great. Any other suggestions? :)
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

After doing some further research into support between Wesbanco and Quicken; it appears that Wesbanco only offers support for Web Connect (.qfx) transaction downloads now and no longer offers automatic transaction downloads such as Express Web Connect and/or Direct Connect. Web Connect (.qfx) is a two-step download process, or also known as a "manual" download. In order to do so and apply this change successfully to your existing accounts set up in Quicken, please follow the instructions provided below.

First, deactivate all accounts associated with this financial institution:

1. Open the Account List (Ctrl + A).
    2. Make sure to Show hidden accounts (checkbox on the bottom-left corner), if that option is available.
    3. Click Edit next to each Wesbanco account (one by one).
    4. Go to the Online Services tab and click Deactivate.
    Next, set up and download transaction history for the accounts via Web Connect (.qfx):
    1. Visit and login into your account at the financial institution's online banking website.
    2. Download the Web Connect (.qfx) file (please refer to this support article and review the information found under the section titled Locate the correct file to download for guidance on finding the correct file to download at your financial institution website)
    3. Once downloaded, click Open, if prompted (or open your Quicken program and navigate to File > File Import > Web Connect (.QFX) File...)
    4. Because you previously deactivated the existing account(s) set up in Quicken, you should now receive the dialogue box shown below Click Link to an existing account, then choose the account nickname from the drop-down menu.
    5. Click Import
    Note: Since Web Connect (.qfx) is a two-step download method, please be advised that you will need to repeat the .qfx file downloading and importing process each time you update your accounts as this method does not have the ability for automatic transaction downloads via One Step Update.

I hope this helps! Let us know how it goes.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• scarrph
    scarrph Member
    Another unhappy Wesbanco customer here. Since their system "upgrade" on Aug 1, 2021, they only support Web Connect. No more one step updates for us.
  • sdgraves
    sdgraves Member ✭✭
    Has anyone even been able to locate an export/download link on Wesbanco's new website? I haven't. So apparently there's not even the option of utilizing the .QFX manual two-step process. What a fail this system "upgrade" has been so far. All I'm seeing is less functionality.
  • richarddel
    richarddel Member
    There is a way to manually download the transactions.

Once logged into the banking website, there is an "ALL" menu option. Click on that and then Transactions. There is a download function there that will export into Quicken.

Although Wesbanco described a direct or express connection, they failed to provide that function. This upgrade is a great improvement - NOT.
  • tfichtner
    tfichtner Member ✭✭
    Trying to manually download my transactions from Wesbanco using All > Transactions > Download lets me download transactions for checking and savings accounts, but it doesn't give me a choise for my credit account. So, it's not very useful.
This discussion has been closed.