USAA Accounts Download Duplicate transactions on Quicken for MAC

Options
2»

Comments

• mxsmith4
    mxsmith4 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I solved the problem. After 30 years with USAA I cancelled my USAA credit cards and opened a checking account at Fidelity and applied for their credit cards. USAA dropped the ball and failed it's members, they no longer deserve my banking business. I'm tired of being lied to.
  • bdegarmo53
    bdegarmo53 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Still occurring with my USAA Visa downloads.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Still occurring with my USAA Visa downloads.
    You didn't follow the solution offered by @mxsmith4 ! ;)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Michael Dulaney
    Michael Dulaney Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have found a solution that verifies my theory of two mirror servers, one configured incorrectly. If one waits until late in the afternoon to download transactions, you have a high probability of connecting to the correctly configured server. This is working for me since my Wife won't let me cancel the USAA Visa.
  • Michael Dulaney
    Options
    As of August 11th, I was contacted this afternoon by "Irma" acting for the CEO's office to ask if the problem is ongoing. She asked me if the the latest system's update they applied on August 2 has resolved my problem of Duplicate transactions downloading with Alphanumeric FITIDs. I replied that I have not had the problem lately since I've been waiting until late afternoon to update my Quicken data file. I assumed that by waiting until traffic was lighter later in the day, I was successfully connecting to the correctly configured mirror server. I offered to try again tomorrow morning to see if I got transaction from the incorrectly configured mirror servers and, if I did, I would send Quicken's log files to her for perusal by their tech staff. I'll keep every who has not stopped using their USAA Visa Card up to date on how this works out.
  • buzzard192
    buzzard192 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Michael Dulaney said:
    > As of August 11th, I was contacted this afternoon by "Irma" acting for the CEO's office to ask if the problem is ongoing. She asked me if the the latest system's update they applied on August 2 has resolved my problem of Duplicate transactions downloading with Alphanumeric FITIDs. I replied that I have not had the problem lately since I've been waiting until late afternoon to update my Quicken data file. I assumed that by waiting until traffic was lighter later in the day, I was successfully connecting to the correctly configured mirror server. I offered to try again tomorrow morning to see if I got transaction from the incorrectly configured mirror servers and, if I did, I would send Quicken's log files to her for perusal by their tech staff. I'll keep every who has not stopped using their USAA Visa Card up to date on how this works out.

I have noticed changes recently. I am still connecting in the early morning, usually between 0500 and 0600 Eastern time. I still get some duplicates, but additionally, not all of the transactions download. When I go to reconcile the transactions, it is usually off and I have to find the transactions that posted in the USAA app on my phone but didn't download and manually add them to get the account to reconcile.

The start of the "missing" transactions started for me on August 2nd - coinciding with the change you say Irma mentioned. I'll pay attention tomorrow when it downloads the transactions I was missing today what format the FITID is in. What do you think is the best way to successfully get in contact with USAA?
  • buzzard192
    buzzard192 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Following up from my post yesterday. This morning (8/13) when I downloaded transactions:

Received 1 transaction for 8/9 that was a duplicate - prior downloaded FITID was alphanumeric, today was hexadecimal

Received 2 transactions for 8/10 that were posted to my account prior to yesterday's download but were not included in the download. Had to manually add so the account would reconcile. The FITIDs in today's download were hexadecimal.

Did not receive 2 transactions, one for 8/10 and one for 8/11, that needed to be manually added so the account would reconcile with the downloaded balance.
  • Michael Dulaney
    Options
    To buzzard192. I managed to get responses by writing a physical letter to USAA's CEO, Wayne Peacock. Sadly, he seemed to have handed my issue over to who I assume were interns, working in his office. Initially, I received messages on USAA's system from a "Latoya J Williams" Advocacy Advisor, who gave me her personal extension number on USAA's main numbers. I called and left voice mails but they were never responded to. Then, she would send me messages that she had attempted to contact me on my Cell Phone, but the call logs never listed any calls of any type to the cell from USAA numbers. My recent call from "Irma" resulted in us having a long conversation and revealed that she had a file with copies of all my attempts to contact someone regarding my attempts to get assistance, both with letters and with messaging on USAA's support community system. Irma explained that USAA had updated their systems on August 2nd and asked if it had solved the problem. She finally asked me to download transactions and if I got duplicates, to send my Quicken log files and they would be forwarded to the "Director" of Banking's Technical Services. I synched Quicken early in the morning and got two transactions with Alphanumeric FITIDs. I captured a screen shot of the Quicken account register with the Transactions, and compressed the log files and emailed both the screen shot and the log file .zip. to her at her email address (Sorry but I don't feel that it is appropriate to share it). Later that day, I synched my Quicken again and got duplicates of the transactions with the alphanumeric FITIDs, this time with hexadecimal FITIDs. I captured another screen shot with both the Hexadecimal and Alphanumeric duplicates and sent both the log files and the screen shot to her email address. After that, I fought my way around in USAA's phone system and managed to speak with someone in Wayne Peacock's office who was familiar with "Irma" and, insisting that "Irma" had initiated a dialog with me, got her to give me "Irma's" extension. I left multiple voice mail messages asking her to call me back but to no avail. The answer to your question "What do you think is the best way to successfully get in contact with USAA?" is, in my experience, writing letters to Wayne Peacock accepting the fact that he will hand it over to others in his office, who will act as go-betweens between Customers and their Technical Staff.
  • buzzard192
    buzzard192 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Michael - Thanks for this insight.

Today I downloaded 3 transactions. 2 were the ones needed to reconcile yesterday and downloaded today with hexadecimal FITIDs. The 3rd downloaded today with a hexadecimal FITID but was downloaded yesterday with an alphanumeric FITID.

Additionally there was one credit which was posted to my account but not downloaded, so required a manual input to reconcile my account. I expect this will be downloaded tomorrow with a hexadecimal FITID.
This discussion has been closed.