Portfolio Market Value (%)

I included the Market Value (%) under Portfolio View. Two issues here, first the Market Value is not displaying in % values but in decimal values, secondly, the calculated Market Value (%) is not corrected. It is not calculated base on current market value of stock divided by total market value of account portfolio. Please advise

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @mkwong82,

I am not sure what you are seeing, but are you not seeing a total of 100.00 at the bottom of the "Market Value (%)" column? 

Please keep in mind that - for each Quicken "account" (like brokerage accounts or IRA's, etc.) - you will see a breakdown of each of the percentages for the underlying investments and a subtotal by Quicken account.

Also while there are no percentage signs (i.e. "%") next to the figures, the view does (or at least for me) correctly calculate the percentages.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @mkwong82,

I am not sure what you are seeing, but are you not seeing a total of 100.00 at the bottom of the "Market Value (%)" column? 

Please keep in mind that - for each Quicken "account" (like brokerage accounts or IRA's, etc.) - you will see a breakdown of each of the percentages for the underlying investments and a subtotal by Quicken account.

Also while there are no percentage signs (i.e. "%") next to the figures, the view does (or at least for me) correctly calculate the percentages.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• mkwong82
    mkwong82 Member ✭✭
    Thanks Frankx.

Now I see what you meant. I do see the total of 100.00 at the bottom of the "Market Value (%)" column. So I guess the market value % for each stock/etf in each Quicken "account" is calculated based on Total value of Quicken investment accounts, correct?

For example, if I have two investment account A & B, each of these accounts has a total market value $50000, the total market value of all account A & B = $100,000. And if I have a stock AMZN in account A only; and the market value is $1000, the "Market Value (%)" calculation for AMZN will be based on $1000 divided $100,000 (total account A + B) and NOT by $50,000 (account A). Is that corrected?

It would be nice to see the AMZN "Market Value (%)" calculation based the holding invest account only.
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The percentage is based on what is in your view.  If you select only one account the % for each security will be of that account.  If you select multiple accounts it will be if the overall total. 
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @mkwong82

You asked - "So I guess the market value % for each stock/etf in each Quicken "account" is calculated based on Total value of Quicken investment accounts, correct?"

That is correct.  The default view shows all accounts, but you can use the various filters to change what appears, and you can make customized views that will - for example - only show one account, two accounts, or whatever you'd like.  I'd suggest that you play around with the "Customize" button and save new views that are meaningful to you.

Good luck!

Frankx

• mkwong82
    mkwong82 Member ✭✭
    Great thanks! Learning something new today!